Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Help

linz79

Hi I'm just looking for some help with my sat nav,When I turn it on all it keeps saying is open + check CD Rom which I have done,But some1 suggested to me that it could be damp in the boot,and told me to try blowing inside it with a hairdryer and believe it or not it worked.I have even tried buying a new CD Rom disc but no look yet.Any1 help plz

snip...... and believe it or not it worked.

I thought it worked just like Steve too! :-)

There isn't a lot more you can do really other than look for a scrapper that might be being sold, or you can take yours apart and on some models on the mylar cable that moves with the laser head there is a tiny pot you can adjust the laser gain with. Try both ways as it isn't always clockwise to increase as you would expect. Be slow and keep trying as too much gain introduces focusing issues.

Thanks,I'm no good at doing stuff like that myself so would I be able 2 take it somewhere who could have a go for me.Thanks

I'm afraid I don't know anywhere particularly but if you know any car audio shops they can usually put you in touch with decent engineers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links