Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Activate Auto Lock Door When Driving?

Hi everyone!

I have rx400h SR 2007 ,can I activate auto lock door when driving?

I can't find any information about it in the book..I had is250 se-l before and that facility was already activated when I bought the car..I am thinking perhaps car version has got something to do with auto lock?

My 400h is a 58 reg and the auto lock works as soon as it is put in drive. It also auto locks above a certain mph(I think 20) if I put it in drive before doors are closed. It will also lock/unlock manually from a button on the drivers door. It's all there on pages 57 to 61 of the manual. I can't see there being any difference between 57 and 58 models.

Hi mate!

Can you please tell me what is your car version ,could that be a reason why it doesnt work on mine?or should I turn something on perhaps hold a button on on keys or something like that.

cheers

You can activate/deactivate the automatic locking and the unlocking separately. You can also customise it so that it is locks automatically over a certain speed, or link it to when the car goes into/out of PARK mode. It's all in the manual and I believe is standard on all 2nd generation RXs.

Hi mate!

Can you please tell me what is your car version ,could that be a reason why it doesnt work on mine?or should I turn something on perhaps hold a button on on keys or something like that.

cheers

It's an SE with MM and wood pack. Have you checked the handbook?
  • Like 1

AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKING

You can select the following functions:

• Locking linked with the shift position
    All doors are automatically locked when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position
  • Locking linked with the vehicle speed
    All doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed goes above approx 12mph

You can set or cancel the automatic door locking functions:

Be sure to apply the parking brake when performing the following operations.

To select the locking linked with the shift position:

1. Close all doors and tun the engine switch to the ON position
  2. Shift the selector level to the P position
  3. within 10 seconds of turning the engine switch to the ON position, press and hold the driver's side power door lock switch in the lock position for 5 seconds and then release.
  4. The doors will be locked and unlocked to indicate that the function is set

To cancel the function, do the above operation again.

To select the locking linked with the vehicle speed:

2. Shift the selector level from the P position to the N position
  3. within 10 seconds of turning the engine switch to the ON position, press and hold the driver's side power door lock switch in the lock position for 5 seconds and then release.

AUTOMATIC DOOR UN-LOCKING

You can select the following functions:

• Unlocking linked with the engine switch
    All doors are automatically unlocked when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the engine is turned to the ACC or LOCK position, or the key is removed from the ignition
  • Unlocking linked with the shift position
    All doors are automatically unlocked when the selector lever is moved to the P position

You can set or cancel the automatic door unlocking functions:

Be sure to apply the parking brake when performing the following operations.

To select the unlocking linked with the vehicle speed:

2. Shift the selector level from the P position to the N position
  3. within 10 seconds of turning the engine switch to the ON position, press and hold the driver's side power door lock switch in the unlock position for 5 seconds and then release.

To select the locking linked with the shift position:

2. Shift the selector level to the P position
  3. within 10 seconds of turning the engine switch to the ON position, press and hold the driver's side power door lock switch in the unlock position for 5 seconds and then release.

• 1 month later...

Nope still cant get it to work! :( Help needed please. :D

There are now TWO live threads on this subject. Does your particular car have the facility? Not all Mark 2s have it so check the handbook. At a glance I would say your car is too old and does not.

• 1 month later...

hello

I know this function is for safety, but when i drive with my mom she always has me cancel this function, as

she thinks it's dangerous, and she has a point.

What if you have a smash and no one can get you out of the car?

What if your a woman in the car with a mad man, how do you get out?

thanks

Ja

hello

I know this function is for safety, but when i drive with my mom she always has me cancel this function, as

thanks

Ja

You are at far greater risk of someone trying to open the car doors whilst sitting in traffic and then trying to steal from you.

Windows break in emergencies.

Surely a mad man is more likely to be outside than inside the car!?

At any rate, auto lock function is supposed to dis-engage in the event of an accident.

hello

thanks

Ja

If you are involved in an accident, you can unlock the door yourself with the manual lever even if the Battery is damaged and the central locking is inoperative. If you are unable to do this because you are unconscious or otherwise injured, then the last thing you want is for a 'Good Samaritan' opening the door and dragging your limp and injured body from the wreckage. They may get you out but you stand a good chance of spending the rest of your life in a wheelchair.

In such a situation, you are much better to wait for the Emergency Services. They will get you out safely without risking further, potentially more serious injury.

In this case, the auto-lock will actually protect you from misguided 'help' that may not be appropriate to the situation.

As for the second comment - What if you are a man in the car with a mad woman? :devil: In any case, the same applies - you can manually unlock the door with the lever.

Al.

this is somewhat irrelevant: as I said, the auto lock function deactivates in the event of an accident.

You would welcome the "misguided help" should you find yourself in a burning car, as has happened to me.

I would much prefer misguided help, than no help at all. Any time.

Point taken about the unlocking (provided the Battery and wiring are not damaged by the crash and the doors actually do unlock). However, in anything more than a minor shunt, the doors don't open anyway due to deformation of the car frame. So, I agree (but for a different reason) that it is largely irrelevant.

Also, in any survivable crash a back or neck injury is far more likely than the car catching fire. Despite what is portrayed on (fictional) TV, cars do not often catch fire after an accident. Moving someone with a spinal injury, on the other hand, presents a very real risk of paralysing them.

I would certainly NOT want to be dragged from the car unless it was on fire (or at risk of falling over a cliff).

I was involved in a serious accident resulting in a neck injury (plus 9 broken bones in all four limbs). Had I been dragged from the car by an untrained 'rescuer', I would probably be a quadriplegic right now (if the pain of being moved hadn't killed me through shock). It took the Emergency Services no more than 30 minutes to get me out safely by removing the roof of the car.

Al

hello

thanks

Ja

IIRC should you be involved in an accident sensors will release the locks automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read in handbook that while you have accident your door are getting unlocked so you can safely get out from the car ,this is a safety feature made by lexus ,anyway I still cannot active auto lock door system when driving...I went through all instructions carefully and still nothing..thanks anyway

~You were going to check with your local dealer...

As mentionned by Duncan further up, there is another thread on this. Have you checked it?

It looks like my previous comment may have been incorrect: not all MKII were fitted with this facility and it could be that it was made standard on cars manufactured later than yours.

In the book ,it says something about this safety feature..When you have a smash, your doors will get unlocked if they were previously locked before the accident.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links