Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello I'm New.

Raymond.

Looks like I need to find the beeper. That's ridiculous!

Surely people know when they've selected reverse?

The aftermarket tat has to come out because they look cheap. There's on two fitted too.

So if the PDC wasn't standard it means that everything is working. Even the pop up headlight washers!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to have a look into that another time.

Just looking through the books etc that came with the car it looks like the ugly sensors are indeed factory fitted ones. They look pretty ugly and stick out a good few mm.

Pictures aren't great from my phone at night but you get the picture..

file-2.jpg

file-1.jpg

file.jpg

Very nice car Ray. :)

So you pretty much went and bought the IS I was looking for when I got mine lol.

I wanted a 2000-2002 blue sport with cream interior. At the time I didn't know I could get one with a factory fitted kit and 18" alloys then I found mine and had to have it even tho it's silver and black interior.

I think the only thing I'd change to the exterior of yours are the alloys. 18"s look great on the sport with the lower suspension. There's hardly a gap between my wheels and arches. Plus every IS I see on the road has the same wheels as yours. Are you happy with them or thinking of changing?

Not sure about the wheels. They're nice but I quite like the 18 aeros.

Got outbid on a set of 16's with winter tyres fitted so I might have to source some 18's and wrap some winter rubber round the ones that are on the car ATM.

Rather busy breaking the BMW so not had time for much. Haven't even fitted my parrot kit in the Is yet or even looked at how to rip the dash out....

I'm hoping my Xenon lights from the BMW sell so I can get Shorty's IS300 lights as the candles in mine are ridiculous.

Ha, I originally wanted blue with cream interior when I first started thinking about an IS too! But soon went off cream as I know it'd dirty very easily. And at first I really didn't like the silver (or the off-silver rather) that Lexus use, but it soon grew on me, to the extent I decided I wanted it over the blue! Hence why I've got what I've got (silver with black interior)

IS300 lights will require modification to the bodywork to fit BTW. If you don't like the standard dipped beam (and who does, it's rubbish) then £20's worth of HID conversion kit will soon change that. Fits in 20mins with no mods, and a damn sight cheaper

I know what you're saying Matt but I don't want light scattered everywhere and blinding people.

I'm looking into how much metal needs to be 'modded' before I get them.

Regarding the interior that's only a matter of time before it will be swapped for all black. I have two kids (2 & 5 yr old)....

Very nice looking IS. I love the blue ones too! and I also wanted cream interior! and as it for it getting dirty, I get enjoyment out of keeping my IS clean and tidy so it wouldnt bother me cream gets dirty, so i may end up converting mine to cream one day. I love the sport grills too, and youve even got the spoiler. And your fogs look clean. A great all rounder. just need the nav now and you'll be sorted.

Cheers mate,

Fancy a swap with the interior? Haha

Seen a NAV but I think I'll wait till summer now. I need some Xenon lights first and sort these winter wheels out.

Not much time to do anything. Not even fitted my parrot kit in the new car yet...

Cheers mate,

Fancy a swap with the interior? Haha

Seen a NAV but I think I'll wait till summer now. I need some xenon lights first and sort these winter wheels out.

Not much time to do anything. Not even fitted my parrot kit in the new car yet...

I would love to swap however i dont think im your man because unfortunately my passenger heated seat doesnt work :( another reason for me to convert eventually. Although i didnt have to tell you that :whistling:

I think I might get in trouble if I start swapping my interior this soon.

Swapped the interior in my BMW 3 times in 4 years GOOF.gif

Somebody has just bought the whole interior (everything that's black) It's a rather big job taking the carpet out as the whole air box etc plus dash is build over/on the front carpet :blink: Just in the process taking the bits out (pict)

Your seat heating shouldn't be hard to fix I imagine?

file-9.jpg

I think I might get in trouble if I start swapping my interior this soon.

Swapped the interior in my BMW 3 times in 4 years GOOF.gif

Somebody has just bought the whole interior (everything that's black) It's a rather big job taking the carpet out as the whole air box etc plus dash is build over/on the front carpet :blink: Just in the process taking the bits out (pict)

Your seat heating shouldn't be hard to fix I imagine?

file-9.jpg

wow 4 times lol. Got bored? Or the kids being naughty lol.

Forgot about carpets. Do you think it would look good just doing door cards and seats? The upper half of the interior is cream anyway (roof).

Well it can be a easy fixif your fuse goes, switch breaks or plugs come undone, but ive checked all that and seems all good. I think its the elements which means ripping the cloth and replacing. It would be cheaper and easier to get a new seat. Plus I want a leccy one. Pre 2001 IS's didnt have leccy passenger seat. my poor wife no leccy seat or heat :(

I didn't know per 2001 didn't have electric passenger seat? Are you totally sure?

My mate who has a 300 now had an X reg 200 SE a few years ago. I was a passenger in that many times and I had electric seats.

lActulaly not 100%. I read it on the LOC plus when I was looking to buy a IS noticed pre 2001's didnt, but sometimes hard to tell... Maybe SOME did?

Forgot about carpets. Do you think it would look good just doing door cards and seats? The upper half of the interior is cream anyway (roof).

Well it can be a easy fixif your fuse goes, switch breaks or plugs come undone, but ive checked all that and seems all good. I think its the elements which means ripping the cloth and replacing. It would be cheaper and easier to get a new seat. Plus I want a leccy one. Pre 2001 IS's didnt have leccy passenger seat. my poor wife no leccy seat or heat :(

Haha no, my car came with grey manual cloth which I swapped for better looking black but then I dropped on some black leather electric memory seats so had to have them.

Have a look at my thread on how to wire them up here if you like a read.

Shorty on here is selling a full set of IS200 cream seats for £60 IIRC

I think the carpet is much easier to get out of the IS as it stops at the edges as far as I could see. It might look good doing it half and half.

I know it's not an IS but you get the idea by doing it half and half. This car was all cream interior before he swapped the dash, carpets etc. Bit like yours but then the other way round...

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

Ray those alloys look a bit worse for wear fella lol... Sorry.

Nothing a bit of elbow grease won't sort out tho :)

I know Chris... better get my finger out and get them sorted. :lookaround:

I'm paiting them black for now and see what they turn out like. If no good then I can always have them done properly when the summers are back on.

Haha no, my car came with grey manual cloth which I swapped for better looking black but then I dropped on some black leather electric memory seats so had to have them.

Have a look at my thread on how to wire them up here if you like a read.

Shorty on here is selling a full set of IS200 cream seats for £60 IIRC

I think the carpet is much easier to get out of the IS as it stops at the edges as far as I could see. It might look good doing it half and half.

I know it's not an IS but you get the idea by doing it half and half. This car was all cream interior before he swapped the dash, carpets etc. Bit like yours but then the other way round...

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

wow nice write up. I enjoy doing stuff like that too. I added loads of stuff to my focus, trip computer, most of the ghia options etc, but got to a stage where i thought why dont i just stop wasting my time and buy a car with all the toys already there lol but ive already found things to add to my IS hehe

I think it would look fine just doing door cards and seats. cheaper and much less hassle too. and if it ended up looking off, could get some cream mats. Anyway its been pushed down the lists of things to do because i need to get a new water pump and cam belt done before i spend any more money on cosmetics! but will keep everyone posted.

btw couldnt help but notice you were a very respected member of the bmw forums and 12,000+ posts. very happy for you to jump on board the LOC :D