Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dvd On Nav Screen

i'm sure these option's have been explored but curious for answers.

1. altezza have tv button do they also have the same sat nav

2. is the tuner external?

3.if external where does it plug into sat nav. ive not even lifted carpet is there spare plugs in boot?

4.do altezza also have dvd based sat nav and does this also have tv?

5. is there an option on altezza for another input or is the tuner the only option.

sorry if question's have already been answered else where done some searching but not excessive.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly what I want to know. In another post I asked Galee to give me the model number of his screen. (He was playing with his Altezza buttons) and got some snow on screen.

You watching this thread Galee? Or anybody else with a Tezza that has the TV button? Can you give us the model number? You will find the info by pressing and holding info and switch your headlights on and off 4 times.

I've taken mine apart and couldn't find anything obvious. If it is the same model then it will be worth me pursuing it.

Hi Geoffers yes i'm watching this mate the reason i have not replyed is because i don't have a remote in the car so i will have to order another one from Japan without out that i can't get the info you need. If someone can tell me how to upload photos i will post a photo of the Radio Unit and Also the sat nav unit in the back with all the connections going to and from it.

Regards

Galee

Hi all thanks to dlayen for telling me how to up the photos. Okay i have got some photos of what unit i have in my altezza and it shows the plugs from the loom to the sat nav/t.v. in the front and the unit in the back. While i had the radio out i fitted a band expander then when i pressed the t.v. button i could here music on some of the channels, As i started to get excited i quicky went and put my home t.v. on to see if the music match with any channel on the t.v. but sadly it didn't so i must be picking up a radio station instead but displaying a snowy screen. I have seen someone on eBay is selling a faulty Tezza unit would it be worth biding him hard on it then maybee just having a play about with the t,v, function in that one? Here are the likes to the photos some for the poor photo quality.

Photos

Photos 2

Galee

thanks for the pictures galee.

obviously the head unit is is clearly different you have tv button but i can't tell you if everything else is different as i have dvd unit .

can anyone else throw some light on this ??

yes seen altezza unit on eBay £75 with err3 and 5 cd's .

• 3 months later...

Hi!

Newbie here! Just about to take delivery of my Lexus IS200 Sport with Sat Nav and Styling kit!! (quite excited about it too, in case you hadn't guessed :D)

Nice to see so many people interested in getting the Sat-Nav screen to do more stuff - I want to put together a PC for mine so that I can use it as an in-car web browser / DVD / MP3 player etc.

Looks like there's plenty of info about how to use the screen. Question is - does anyone know anything about the connections for the car's navigator controls? Any chance we can get a pinout and some details of that so that we could interface the buttons into a PC?

Oh - and if you haven't seen it already, you might like to look at the Mini ITX web page for some cool little PC motherboards.

Cheers,

- Chris

• 1 month later...

My lexus Celsior has Sat Nav but set at the Jap side of the world, so it is not useable in the UK. I have therefore decided to use my spare Laptop with a GPS mouse and the Navigator software for the uK.

Is it possible to find a ready made full tv modulator/transmitter that could take the video output (15 pin) and line out from the laptop and broadcast it to the NTSC TV channel of the Lexus.

Robin