Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Fogs (Pics)

jomo

Well with the price of hid kits sub £20 now on eBay i thought id get a set for the front fogs as they were the only standard bulbs left on the car lol.

50/50

288067_10151133020736712_1814887087_o.jpg

Both done.

258435_10151133020221712_1882480235_o.jpg

Both 5000k as one looks blueish in the last pic.

Dip Beam - 9006/HB4

Main Beam - 9005/HB3

Sidelight - 501w /T10/W5W

Side Turn - 501w /T10/W5W

Front Fog 99-2003 - 9006/HB4

Front Fog 2003- H3

Front Turn Indicator - T20 /7440/582

Rear High Mounted Stop Light - 955

Licence Plate - 501w /T10/W5W X 2

Rear Fog - T20 /7440/582

Reverse light - T20 /7440/582

Rear indicator - amber 582y/7440/T20

Stop/Tail - R580 /w21\5w

Interior Middle Dome - 269 /festoon 31mm

Interior Front - Ba9

Glove Box - R286 / 5mm

Ignition barrel ring - R286 / 5mm

Door Marker lights - 501w /T10/w5w

Boot Light - 501w /T10/w5w

Looking good mate

I take it the actual fog lights housing can take the heat?

I'v never known HIDs to get as hot as standard bulbs!

Had them in my headlights for years without any probs, so don't foresee any probs with the fogs.

Ive put really bright projector LEDs in mine. But they look crap. Ive found the light housing is designed for none direction light. Will either get a different designof LED or maybe HIDs. btw where did you mount the balast?

Yeah i tried leds before and they look nice but give chuff all light out.

I just pushed them in the fog light hole, as they will sit in the plastic wheel well and belly pan, there's really no where for them to go.

I am talking about these. The projector is yellow in color so they are easy to spot. It's actually a very good projector and I believe it was one of the very first cars to feature a projector in the fog light.

FG-IS300-OEM-R.jpg

I am talking about these. The projector is yellow in color so they are easy to spot. It's actually a very good projector and I believe it was one of the very first cars to feature a projector in the fog light.

FG-IS300-OEM-R.jpg

ive got these in my is200 and yes they are better than standard is200 items.

Ah with you now, no mate got clear ones, wouldnt wont that yellow type not my bag.

There was a guide on how to make stock clear into the yellow JDM style using a sheet of yellow photography film.

Just take them all to bits and cut a yellow disc the same size of the lens and re-fit, au voila yellow JDM fogs.

Am I the only one that likes the yellow?

I'm with you on that but not because I particularly like Yellow.

People with FOG lights for their intended purpose generally have Yellow as that's what works best in the fog.

Those who just have them as another set of lights might go way up the K range instead.

Much less effective light output but perhaps just going for pretty colour Blue or Pinky Purple :rolleyes:

TG

• 5 months later...

I was tempted to fit HID lamps to my headlights but unfortunately the new MOT laws have put a stop to that.

Really, when did they change the mot law re hids in fogs?

Places are deff being stricter on the HID thing now, its understandable with some cars with a old fashioned reflectors but a car like the IS which also has a diffuser wont be blinding anyone, so i just take the HIDs out once a year for the MOT and put back lol

Im going get HIDs for my fogs i think too, got LEDs atm for the DRL look. ill put some pics up when i do

My MOT passed flying colours about 3 weeks ago with HID kit in the headlights. Though I have sprayed my headlights dark grey inside which I must dramatically reduced the glare you get from an aftermarket HID kit.

That said, I sprayed my fog lights to match and that has reduced the fogs down to. So I may follow suit and throw an HID kit in the fogs. As you say they are now pretty cheap.