Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Fogs (Pics)

jomo

New Law came out in March

Maybe the garage you took yours to are not as strict as others.

Okay so what exactly does the new law state? Not sure it's of much relevance but one of my buddy's is a traffic cop here in Sussex and he's said he wouldn't pull people over for having HID's, and he knows what they look like anywhere because he's got a set on his 58 Focus. I dunno but this new law doesn't really seem legit because my MOT was in early-mid April and they saw absolutely no issue with it.

If HID lights are fitted as standard by the manufacturer then its not a problem.

If after market ones are fitted then it also has to have self levelling suspension.

If HID lights are fitted as standard by the manufacturer then its not a problem.

If after market ones are fitted then it also has to have self levelling suspension.

Then that'll explain why my MOT passed, every IS200/300 should have an auto leveling suspension unless I stand corrected

I found the following document which has a section on HIDs. It is for NI but I'm assuming it applies to the rest of the UK and was supposed to be enforced last year but may well have been delayed until this year:

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/customer-information-notice-cars-2010.pdf

I have HIDs in my IS200 and have never had a problem with MoT. You can tell a poor quality kit though from the extreme dazzle or a kit that's 'blue' rather than white.

I have 5000k from HIDS4U with the beam cut off bulbs. Even though the IS bulbs are set to an angle they still work well to cut off scatter.

I hate people who fit extreme blue or 10k kits, especially to a prestige marque, just looks ridiculous imo.

I would say it does depend a lot on where you go to get an MoT, how strict they are.

I have HIDs in my IS200 and have never had a problem with MoT. You can tell a poor quality kit though from the extreme dazzle or a kit that's 'blue' rather than white.

I have 5000k from HIDS4U with the beam cut off bulbs. Even though the IS bulbs are set to an angle they still work well to cut off scatter.

I hate people who fit extreme blue or 10k kits, especially to a prestige marque, just looks ridiculous imo.

I would say it does depend a lot on where you go to get an MoT, how strict they are.

Yeah this makes sense. The garages will hardly fail you on it being a HID kit but more the fact that the pattern,angle or colour is wrong. I bought 5000k and they are still to blue for my liking even though the colour chart says its white. Will grab some 4300k i think

I am about to change my fogs to HID but not sure if i should go for 35w or 55w? being projectors im thinking 55w shouldnt be a problem?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links