Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Cover Removal - Positive Terminal Cable Clip?

Hey chaps,

I like to consider myself a reasonably intelligent man, although I readily admit I am also one with a very short amount of patience. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here.. :(

The Battery in my is220d has been clearly going, so I ordered a new one and figured I'd fit it quickly at lunch. Should've known better really..

Only small issue holding me back is removing the Battery cover. I can see that there's a clip holding the positive terminal cable and what I'm assuming is a temperature sensor (or something similar), to the Battery cover. However I can't see a way of removing this and thus remove the cover so I can replace the Battery.

I'm assuming it must separate into 2 parts, since one bit doesn't seem to come off the cover.However I'm not able to get into the gap sufficiently to do this. Suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Sadly not. Thanks for the assistance though :) The bit I'm having issues with either isn't on that gents lexus, or he cut it out of the video (presumably to look more pro) :-/

I literally have a black plastic surround thats underneath the restraining bracket, but on top of the Battery. 07 plate if it helps =/

http://www.clublexus...he-battery.html details the black surround, but it's not very explicit on the clip holes. I'm a little worried about damaging whatever the this thing is, in a fit of brute force :(

The Battery cover or as Lexus call it 'Insulator" is not fastened but there are 2 L brackets on the right hand side securing the cables to it.

Access as you have discovered is very tight but after removing both terminals if you can push the Battery over towards the engine and lift the RHS slightly you can just about get to the plastic clips that fasten to the L brackets.

There is a small tang at the end of the clips which needs to be pushed in, then it should slide off the bracket.

On the LS they are on the engine side so access is better but still a PITA, needless to say the Battery cover seems to become "lost" on occasions.

• 3 months later...

I'm needing to change my Battery - had a look at removing my old one and have the problem with the connection at the left hand side of the plastic cover frame. How does that come off - and then how do I get it connected again?

Thanks

ianj

Mine was similar to a headlight bulb connector. Squeeze that little lever and then pull gently apart. It's a little fiddly...then click back together when all done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links