Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are You Going To Buy Your Lexus A Xmas Present? If So What

I am going to get the wheels refurbed. I have a spare set of wheels and I need two more Falkens on the rear so will get them all done at the same time.

Will post pics when done.

Mike

I have heard this name Falkens alot on here , is it the tyre brand name.and are they good .

Yup. They are (info from another member) a direct replacement for the Dunlops they originally came with as the Dunlops aren't made anymore. About £100 a corner fitted. Mike

I am going to get the wheels refurbed. I have a spare set of wheels and I need two more Falkens on the rear so will get them all done at the same time.

Mike

Bought mine a rear bumper respray this week, just to tidy it up. And I bought myself a Rock-Ola jukebox from the 70's!

Mike

Bought mine a rear bumper respray this week, just to tidy it up. And I bought myself a Rock-Ola jukebox from the 70's!

I like your style. Strawberry milkshakes and Hamburgers all over Christmas. Rock-a hula-rock-rock-a-hula. Mike

Mike

I like your style. Strawberry milkshakes and Hamburgers all over Christmas. Rock-a hula-rock-rock-a-hula. Mike

I haven't even got it out of the car yet, just off to do it now. It's got quite a lot of 45's in it so I'm interested to know what they are. Knowing my luck it'll be the Nolans and Ken Dodd!

Mike

I haven't even got it out of the car yet, just off to do it now. It's got quite a lot of 45's in it so I'm interested to know what they are. Knowing my luck it'll be the Nolans and Ken Dodd!

Your luck cant be that bad. Mike

Mine's going to get a pre-Christmas wash, that's all. I think it realises it's lucky to be dozing in my garage most of the time - though I'm starting it once a week or so in the cold weather.

Mine's going to get a pre-Christmas wash, that's all. I think it realises it's lucky to be dozing in my garage most of the time - though I'm starting it once a week or so in the cold weather.

Same colour as mine. Great minds. Mike

It wasn't my choice, Mike - I'd rather have had silver. But I now really like the colour, and think it suits the car well. I would also have preferred black leather inside, but now like the pale brown (whatever it's called).

Mike

.....as it happens my luck can be that bad, Madonna, Jimmy Sommerville etc! Disappointing considering the selection labels are John Lee Hooker, Traffic, Hendrix and the like. Still, I didn't buy it expecting any to be in it. It'll be good tracking old 45's down.

Mike

.....as it happens my luck can be that bad, Madonna, Jimmy Sommerville etc! Disappointing considering the selection labels are John Lee Hooker, Traffic, Hendrix and the like. Still, I didn't buy it expecting any to be in it. It'll be good tracking old 45's down.

Not to worry, you can have great fun searching around for all those great 45's. Up early Sunday mornings and get around those car boots. Mike

Mike

Not to worry, you can have great fun searching around for all those great 45's. Up early Sunday mornings and get around those car boots. Mike

That's right. I've already found some at a local charity shop for 50p each.

Mike

I am quite envious as I have always wanted one of those Juke Boxes but thats a step to far for my forgiving wife. Mike

It's been a long time since I worked on a Juke Box, used to service, Rock-Ola,Seeburg,Rowe Ami,NSM and Wurlitzer ones.

That was probably about the same time, 1970's I was using the now long gone great Cafe all with a proper Juke Box and a Pinball machine and I was earning a living installing and modifying Traffic Lights for SGE which then became GEC. They were great times. Mike

It's been a long time since I worked on a Juke Box, used to service, Rock-Ola,Seeburg,Rowe Ami,NSM and Wurlitzer ones.

That was probably about the same time, 1970's I was using the now long gone great Cafe all with a proper Juke Box and a Pinball machine and I was earning a living installing and modifying Traffic Lights for SGE which then became GEC. They were great times. Mike

I think it was the early 90s when I was in the business, I remember the Rowe Ami R70 (1970) up to the R90 (1990), it all went pear shaped when CD juke boxes came in.

Don't forget when you buy 45s they will need "Dinking" for a Juke Box.

Anyway having completely Hijacked this thread, my LS400 is getting nothing for Christmas, it has treats throughout the year so Baa Humbug! :lol:

Also don't forget a Lexus is not just for Christmas so if you think you may get bored with it after a few weeks don't buy one, Lexus dealers are always swamped with unwanted and unloved Lexus cars abandoned on their forecourts in Janauary.

I've bought my Lex a an electronic gizmo that when fitted to my LS430 will connect my iPod to the wonderful sound system and display on-screen the songs etc...

Nige

http://www.vaistech.com/dev/mml.php

Here's the link in the US

The next is from Australia, where mine came from

http://www.advancedice.com.au/products2/iPod-USB-Aux-Input_6/MML-L1

Mike

I am quite envious as I have always wanted one of those Juke Boxes but thats a step to far for my forgiving wife. Mike

Ditto, I have to firstly get it working as it has a slight fault in that it won't select records, then, I have to convince my wife that we both need one and have the room for one, which we don't on both counts. I'm hoping that when it's working and polished nicely she'll understand its potential. A long shot but I'm up for the challenge. I may get away with it if I put some Walker Brothers records on it!!

I think it was the early 90s when I was in the business, I remember the Rowe Ami R70 (1970) up to the R90 (1990), it all went pear shaped when CD juke boxes came in.

Don't forget when you buy 45s they will need "Dinking" for a Juke Box.

Anyway having completely Hijacked this thread, my LS400 is getting nothing for Christmas, it has treats throughout the year so Baa Humbug! :lol:

Also don't forget a Lexus is not just for Christmas so if you think you may get bored with it after a few weeks don't buy one, Lexus dealers are always swamped with unwanted and unloved Lexus cars abandoned on their forecourts in Janauary.

Love it. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links