Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls Purists Don't Look!

The-Acre

Maybe not one for the purist but, just as I did with my last LS, I've painted the front grille silver. I've always thought the grey grille looks a bit dull. Feel free to disagree (but I won't agree with you! ) :shifty:post-32919-0-60637400-1356626907.jpg

I think that looks really good indeed!

Not too sure about the BMW M on a Lexus plate though... :whistling:

Looks like you all approve so far, and so easy to do, removed from the car in 5 minutes. And well spotted on the number plate! It's one of the next jobs.

I am an IS man (at the moment anywy) but really like the job you have done.

Thank you (and to the others)

It was done properly, plastic primer, grey primer, silver and clear laquer, and I'm not really one for changing much as I think the LS is a great looking car, and I obviously wouldn't do this to something much newer. Interestingly, one of my customers was asking about it today and he asked "Is it nearly new?" Just shows how unlike some German cars the Lexus still looks good at 13 years old!

I think a lot of older cars look good compared to the new stuff that's coming out nowadays.

I always had compliments on my 5-Series E39 which is 15 years old

I think you're right, so many new cars look the same, but if you've got one that's older and well cared for they really do stand out from the crowd, and we've certainly got a crowd in this country!

I think a lot of older cars look good compared to the new stuff that's coming out nowadays.

I had one of those before my LS. I loved it! It never got many compliments (but it wasn't as nice as yours I'm sure) but it was my first and only experience of BMW ownership and, generally speaking, it was very good. But, it wasn't a patch on my current car!

I had one of those before my LS. I loved it! It never got many compliments (but it wasn't as nice as yours I'm sure) but it was my first and only experience of BMW ownership and, generally speaking, it was very good. But, it wasn't a patch on my current car!

I'd like to have an LS but I wouldn't be able to afford fuelling it. I'm doing 12 miles a day with 3 cold starts and it was bad enough in the E39 with only a 2.5 engine.

I think the LS is more in the class of an E38 (7-Series). I had a 740i before and that was superior over the 5 I had at the same time.

I think the government should lower petrol prices to 50p a litre and we could all drive LS's.... :driving:

I'd like to have an LS but I wouldn't be able to afford fuelling it. I'm doing 12 miles a day with 3 cold starts and it was bad enough in the E39 with only a 2.5 engine.

I think the LS is more in the class of an E38 (7-Series). I had a 740i before and that was superior over the 5 I had at the same time.

I think the government should lower petrol prices to 50p a litre and we could all drive LS's.... :driving:

You certainly don't buy the LS for its economy! I have read though that some IS drivers complain about the amount of fuel they use. Do you find yours is OK?

No not at all.

Last tank (70L) gave me 290 miles....

The BMW got me more than that and is twice as big.

It's a funny little go-kart thing and still rwd so it'll do for a bit.

Maybe I should've bought a GS300 though.

No not at all.

Last tank (70L) gave me 290 miles....

The BMW got me more than that and is twice as big.

It's a funny little go-kart thing and still rwd so it'll do for a bit.

Maybe I should've bought a GS300 though.

I guess if you're happy with what you have (and yours is a great colour) that's really what matters.

I'm happy enough with it and I do like the reliability of Toyota's.

Misses likes it a lot and she hated the BMW with a passion so that counts. She drives a Celica and had it for 6 or 7 years and I think I have spent about £120 on parts over that period. It has NEVER let her down yet. I can't say that about the 5-Series I had. Then again, that did have 353000 miles on it when I retired it last month....

I'm steadily looking round for a new shape Celica for her to replace the current one. Cars cost absolutely nothing at the moment.

Picking some new IS toys up from IanS200 over the weekend and hopefully get them fitted at some point. Aiming to have swapped everything cream to black inside this year. Missing the technology and retrofitability (is that a word)? of the BMW but it's done now and the little IS has replaced the much loved bus..... RIP

It's on the drive atm and most bits are sold. A sad sight :( Before and after.....

file-6.jpg

16020a1e.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

file-19_zpsb2ff83c2.jpg

file-10.jpg

file-9.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links