Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

East Midlands Area Meet. Sunday May 5

IHgs300

Ok people had some feedback on the above.

Mayday meet here

Sunday 5th may.

http://www.fayre-squ...ng-eaton/m6973/

Aiming to be there for around 11am,

names please, look forward to meeting you all.

1. IanS200 + wife and kids
2. ChrisIS200SportTTE
3. Steve 2006
4. Ted55
5. Stuart Aspey
6. LexIS200sport
7. Mikeys IS
8. BenIS
9. Ally
10. istanbul05

11. J8pfc ( will attend if not working)

12. Mike (bluesman)

13. Gsdude

14. Dinho. (provisionally)

15. Lordturns

16. Bassman

17 Noreen is200 (provisionally)

18. Adgti (Maybe)

19. Panya
20. Petayv8
21. Lakeey

Sorry to be stupid but what's the actual date? May 6th? Which is a bank holiday Monday or Sunday 5th May?

Apologies Chris, will have to put the can down..LOL.

Gone for sunday 5th may as probably be better for people

The only problem i can see is that being a hotel they might not take kindly to non guests using their car-park for a meet. The other pub has been used before and are ok with it.

A quick search reveals there is overnight accomodation 1.5 miles from meet.

If anyone has any other ideas feel free to post,Just tried to find somewhere central. If anyone knows anywhere with fills both criteria and wish overnight accomodation, post it up.

Its whats best for everyone really.

Yeah hotels give nothing for free.

For example we had a classic car meet at our hotel last August. We charged them £500 to corner off half the car park so their cars were on their own and away from other guests and we charged them day delegate rate of £18 per person which included coffee, tea, cake and sandwiches :)

The plank and leggit is a great location and as mentioned, plenty of hotels pretty close, especially due to its close proximity to East Midlands airport. What with the pub grub, big car park and things like wacky warehouse to keep the youngsters happy, it is a hard location to beat. Just a shame it is too far away for me these days.

The only problem i can see is that being a hotel they might not take kindly to non guests using their car-park for a meet. The other pub has been used before and are ok with it.

A quick search reveals there is overnight accomodation 1.5 miles from meet.

If anyone has any other ideas feel free to post,Just tried to find somewhere central. If anyone knows anywhere with fills both criteria and wish overnight accomodation, post it up.

Its whats best for everyone really.

What's the name of the nearby hotel please?

The plank and leggit is a great location and as mentioned, plenty of hotels pretty close, especially due to its close proximity to East Midlands airport. What with the pub grub, big car park and things like wacky warehouse to keep you youngsters happy, it is a hard location to beat. Just a shame it is too far away for me these days.

I'm sure your right but I'm disabled & unable to walk from the hotel to the venue. Not to worry I'll just have to stay off the sauce until after the meet :flowers: when me & SWBO return to hotel

The plank and leggit is a great location and as mentioned, plenty of hotels pretty close, especially due to its close proximity to East Midlands airport. What with the pub grub, big car park and things like wacky warehouse to keep you youngsters happy, it is a hard location to beat. Just a shame it is too far away for me these days.

I'm sure your right but I'm disabled & unable to walk from the hotel to the venue. Not to worry I'll just have to stay off the sauce until after the meet :flowers: when me & SWBO return to hotel

Got to ask but why would you be wanting to walk from the hotel to the meet venue, you need to bring your car with you.

So up to now we have the following members attending, I will add/update this list as more join.

1. IanS200 + wife and kids

2. ChrisIS200SportTTE

3. Lexmanic

4. Raymond. (Depending on holiday bookings)

5. Steve 2006

Got to ask but why would you be wanting to walk from the hotel to the meet venue, you need to bring your car with you.

Correct & that's why the hotel AND the venue together would have been better for me, if I want to have the odd sherry that is :phone: But as not possible I'll have to do without :megaangry: