Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

T28 Turbo From Sr20Det Into My 1Gfe,a Few Questions...

im thinking of installing the stock turbo from an sr20det...and running it on stock boost only,my fuel mods right now is a camcon..will i need the ff?:

1. fuel pressure reg

2. fuel pump?

3. bigger injectors?

im not looking for big power,i just need a little more kick from the engine so 8psi is ok for me.

I'd think the manifold will be one of the biggest issues, plus oil lines for the turbo (maybe you can just tap the sump for those - not sure if you'd need a filter or not though?). Will the IS ECU be happy with an 8psi turbo strapped to the engine, or is it going to need piggybacking to fuel it properly?

I've often thought that the 1GFE could really do with a turbo - nothing big or offensive, but more a small, quick spooling, lowish pressure turbo, something that feels OEM like a Golf 1.8T does. I'd rather that than a supercharger, mainly just because I don't want the noise of a 'charger (I know some love it, but I prefer a little, unobtrusive, turbo whistle, than the whine of a supercharger)