Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hmm only thing i can recommend is to disable the siren.. the car will still flash but no audible alarm.

please note.. this may invalidate your insurance.. so you need to replace with a thatcham 1 alarm or tell the insurance company :(

Hehe i know its not nice to laugh at others problems as it would annoy me aswell. But it reminds me of that top gear episode when they where in india and clarkson and hammond wired mays horn up to his brake lights! So every time he touched the brakes his horn went off haha classic. Sorry i couldnt help. Doesnt the alarm have a seperate ecu though? Maybe thats faulty.

Not sure whether the Horn is +ve or -ve fed but if its going off randomly it must be the two wires going to the horn have chaffed somewhere and touching to chassis. My guess would be Its got a constant 12v source on one wire and when you push the horn you send a neg down the other and create a circuit and make the horn sound.

So for it to go off randomly hints at a damaged cable touching on your chassis somewhere and making a circuit.

Good luck in your hunt, if you have a test light find out what one is the +ve and remove the neg terminal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links