Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Registering A Financed Vehicle

GWilso

Hi guys, hoping for your help here probably my last request on the LOC

Basically I've now finished paying my lexus finance on my IS200 and with the running costs being twice what they were 4 years ago I've been shopping for something more economical.

Anyway visits local car supermarket like a VW passat TDI R LINE agree trade in price on the IS finance refused oh crap, so my wife with no license registers the finance in her name all completed signed off pick up the new car next Monday,

But now I'm wondering about the registration of the car can I still register it in my name? Am i breaking any rules/laws Will this have any adverse effect with changing over with my insurance company?

Any advise appreciated

No offence having your name on logbook, but you will have to tell insurance company that car belongs to wife as if you have an accident and gets wrote off, your wifes name would be on finance documents. Just be safe register logbook in wifes name and be straight, then no worries if the worst happens.

Dont think so, As these people who can afford it buy cars as presents...Also states on logbook the registered keeper is not necesserily the legal owner.....

Spot on, anybody's name can be on the logbook doesn't mean they are the legal owner.

And no if your name is on the log book you don't have to be insured to drive it. I had a 1990 MG Metro Turbo (I know :whistling: it was my first car when I was 17, hoping it would become a classic, its was never gonna be) rotting in a garage in Wales for a few years. My name was on the logbook but I wasn't insured to drive it.

Thanks Chris, wicked £1900 05 navigator 87ks on the clock I thought I'd get 2500 but they just wernt budging and it did need some body work as well as alloys being scuffed.

Thanks for your help guys and maybe one day ill be back to the LOC