Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Check On Road Tax

Thinking of returning to the fold after a few years of German wilderness. Looking at a 55 plate is250 se but am I right in thinking it will cost me a whopping £460 per year???

Thanks Steve. Still a bit wary after getting stung on an is220d that had already had a head gasket repair by lexus but needed it again, obviously leading on to bigger problems. Lexus quoted me 5k to replace the engine with no help what so ever - even with full service history. It's took me 3 years to forgive them! Swore I'd never return :0)

Don't buy an IS-F then as it's £475 road tax every year, plus all that duty paid on the petrol it drinks. Often wonder if abolishing road tax and putting it all on fuel might be more economical :tomato:

I think I am correct in saying the road tax on a 55 plate IS 250 is around £460 if it is a manual box, only £250 ish if it is an auto.

Just popped outside to check the tax on my 06 plate Is250 auto and I definitely paid £270.00 effective from 01/09/2012

Can anyone confirm if £460 is correct on a manual please as this would be a deal breaker and I'm about to go test drive it. Don't worry .... not buying it in the dark.

I think I am correct in saying the road tax on a 55 plate IS 250 is around £460 if it is a manual box, only £250 ish if it is an auto.

As bluenose said its £270 on the 250 auto. Might want to avoid a manual 250 as they are around £460 per year. The auto is more economical anyway, and so smooth. My advice....get the auto.

Thats 1 of the reasons we changed our car, we had a 56 plate 250 SE manual and the tax was £460. Just been and checked the car tax and we paid £250 at the end of Nov for a 250 advance auto 12 reg.

Thats 1 of the reasons we changed our car, we had a 56 plate 250 SE manual and the tax was £460. Just been and checked the car tax and we paid £250 at the end of Nov for a 250 advance auto 12 reg.

Reckon your emissions are lower than mine on the later model you have then...hence the £20 reduction.

If I recall correctly, the VED Band Ratings changed sometime during the end of the first quarter in 2006. If the car you are looking at was registered before this then you should be fine. Ask for the registration date and double check with the owner/dealer just in case. The road tax for 12 months should be 270.

Thanks guys. The reg date is late 2005 so I think it's £270 but there's no way I can afford to be surprised with a yearly letter asking me for £460. The car would be straight back on autotrader. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links