Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maybe Someone Could Help, My Car Died On Me Yesterday!

Clint45

Hi All,

Well what happened is this! I went to my garage to start my IS200 1G-FE. I have not been using it much latley Due to illness, So the Battery was flat! I jump started it with my misses astra.

It was sitting there idleing, And then it just cut out. Now i have no ignition lights it will not turn over, It's dead nothing!

I thought that this maybe the main 40A fuse but no! there are no fuses blown that i can find.

My question is is there any othere main fuses that i am missing. Or would someone know what caused this to happen.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.... :) Modified IS200 S

if you have home break down service start by using them first for diagnosis they are not always the best in diagnosing car problems but will help to give you a clue. alternativly have it towed to a reputatble garage who can read Lexus ECU codes most do these days and take things from there.

silly question but did you jump start the car in the right way? if cars are not jump started the right way can fry up some fuses and even the whole ECU in worst cases.

The main fuse is 120A before the 40A.

It is possible the current draw while trying to start it has weakened it (possibly weakened before you got it) and eventually just blown.

The 120A also goes to the alternator as well as the 40a for ign so best disconnect that and rule out immediately if you aren't getting very far.

Do you have a multimeter?

if you have home break down service start by using them first for diagnosis they are not always the best in diagnosing car problems but will help to give you a clue. alternativly have it towed to a reputatble garage who can read Lexus ECU codes most do these days and take things from there.

silly question but did you jump start the car in the right way? if cars are not jump started the right way can fry up some fuses and even the whole ECU in worst cases.

Hi yes the car was jump started the correct way! ihave removed the Battery and recharged it. I am going to go and refit my Battery today and see if it will start. Thanks for your reply.

The main fuse is 120A before the 40A.

It is possible the current draw while trying to start it has weakened it (possibly weakened before you got it) and eventually just blown.

The 120A also goes to the alternator as well as the 40a for ign so best disconnect that and rule out immediately if you aren't getting very far.

Do you have a multimeter?

Hi yes i have a multimeter, I also have a fault code reader. But i am not getting any power anywhere to use the fault code reader! I have a friend coming over later today who is a vechicle electrician.

Hopefully he can solve it for me. I am good with the mechanical side, But only basics with the electrical side, Thanks for your reply.

The only time I've ever heard of a car completely dying like you said was on this forum and it was a 250. Their problem was a bad earth connection. Sorry cant be more help. Hope you get it sorted. Let us know what happens so this thread can help other people in the future with the same problem :)

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know what the problem was. The Battery was sooooo flat! Even trying to jump start it again, it would not start or register any life in the Battery what so ever. So i recharged it over night, Put it on this morning and everything is fine now. Thankyou to everyone who answered my post :)

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know what the problem was. The battery was sooooo flat! Even trying to jump start it again, it would not start or register any life in the battery what so ever. So i recharged it over night, Put it on this morning and everything is fine now. Thankyou to everyone who answered my post :)

Good news fella, glad it was a simple fix. Might want to think about getting a new Battery. If it went that flat then I think it's on it's last legs.