Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300

OBIADATA

:D HELLO GUY'S,

WOULD ANY PROUD OWNER OF LEXUS RX300 ADVISE ME TO PURCHASE

IMPORT OR UK SPEC. I HAVE NOTICE THAT THE JAP SPEC IS CALLED DIFFERENT NAME AND ALSO LOTS OF OPTIONS EG NAVGATION SYSTEM ETC

IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE? ALSO HOW IS THE RUNNING COST PLEASE!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are spending the same amount of money, then UK spec gets you better residuals and better treatment at Lexus Dealers. Also Jap Spec Cars require following Mods

FM is on different band in Japan so Band Expander needed from Aus or NZ.

Sat nav probably won't work

TV won't wont NTSC v PAL

Kilometre to Miles readings

Some Japanese stuff on the Car

Lexus Badges

Import Insurance is slightly more expensive (about GBP60 per year)

Probably need to uprate the Alarm/Immobiliser

It is worth it if you want a 3 year old very low mileage car for around 60% of UK Price. Compare 3 year old Toyota Harrier Kluger with 10,000 miles at under GBP 20,000 with Leather, Sunroof, all other stuff except working Sat Nav to

Lexus Rx-300 3 Year old, 71,000 miles, no sat nav, leather, sunroof, GBP25,000. Get it through a GOOD importer and he'll sort the type approval, radio, Km to Miles etc in the price.

I have Lovely Toyota Harrier and its half price of equivalent Lexus UK spec. And I got GBP1500 more for my trade in to a trader than Lexus Leeds offered me.

• 1 year later...

Hi There all,

I'm a "new-boy" to this website so please bare with me if you feel I am asking questions which may have been covered in past forums!

I've just purchased a second-hand RX300 SE (2001) which is a parallel import from Lexus (Belgium). Although I can trace the origins of the car right back to its maker (even got factory numbers etc) I am finding that a certain amount of prejudice exists amongst certains Lexus dealers in the UK when it comes to Imports. :yack:

Shortly after purchasing my RX I contacted my local dealer at Guildford, Surrey who advised me that they would not be prepared to service my RX, as they could not guarantee any of the work carried out due to where it was sourced.

This seems totally unreasonable considering that my car was imported from new for a UK customer, so it is a UK spec car, with all the relevant documents of compliancy (CoC). So whats the problem?! :duh:

Can I just ask you guys, how many of you have a Lexus sourced from Europe? and if you do what are you experiences of getting such a car serviced/maintained? And finally out of the dealers listed under the dealer reviews which of those would be prepared to service parallel imports..?

PS...I LOVE MY CAR !!!! :driving:

Thanking you in advance

AaronJ

• 1 month later...

WOULD ANY  PROUD OWNER OF LEXUS RX300 ADVISE ME TO PURCHASE

IMPORT OR UK SPEC. I HAVE NOTICE THAT THE JAP SPEC IS  CALLED  DIFFERENT NAME AND ALSO LOTS OF OPTIONS EG NAVGATION SYSTEM ETC

IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE?  ALSO HOW IS THE RUNNING COST PLEASE!!

WOULD ANY  PROUD OWNER OF LEXUS RX300 ADVISE ME TO PURCHASE

IMPORT OR UK SPEC. I HAVE NOTICE THAT THE JAP SPEC IS  CALLED  DIFFERENT NAME AND ALSO LOTS OF OPTIONS EG NAVGATION SYSTEM ETC

IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE?  ALSO HOW IS THE RUNNING COST PLEASE!!