Bluesman

'dispatches' Chanel 4. The Truth On Your Car Insurance

'Dispatches' Did anybody see this last night? If you did you are probably gob smacked if not fear not set your Sky + for Thursday 2.05 am for a repeat. Its actually during the early hours of Friday morning but the TV listings don't know when one day starts and another one finishes.

Mike.

'Dispatches' Did anybody see this last night? If you did you are probably gob smacked if not fear not set your Sky + for Thursday 2.05 am for a repeat. Its actually during the early hours of Friday morning but the TV listings don't know when one day starts and another one finishes.

Mike.

Yup & that's just the half of it. They are a lot worse when it comes to fighting a claimant application for compensation some of whom have suffered life changing injuries. Quite a few end up losing their homes because they can no longer work & insurers use this to pay as little compensation as possible. They even make low offers just before Xmas in the hope the claimant will be desperate enough to accept which some do

Don't get me started on the dirty tricks of the insurance industry. I left the industry because I wanted to sleep at nights

The program certainly confirmed what I already suspected. A not my fault accident I had in June 2011 was sorted directly with the 3rd party insurer within a couple of weeks and my repairs were done at the place of my chosing.

I had a minor one on the M1 some months ago when a young driver suddenly changed lanes and she stuck my van, her insurance company rang me again directly, there was a minor scuff on the front bumper so it wasn't persued but it was their disbelief when they asked me if I was going to claim for personal injury and I replied "Why, I haven't been injured"

The programme is also available on Demand 4, link below.

http://www.channel4..../dispatches/4od

The program certainly confirmed what I already suspected. A not my fault accident I had in June 2011 was sorted directly with the 3rd party insurer within a couple of weeks and my repairs were done at the place of my chosing.

I had a minor one on the M1 some months ago when a young driver suddenly changed lanes and she stuck my van, her insurance company rang me again directly, there was a minor scuff on the front bumper so it wasn't persued but it was their disbelief when they asked me if I was going to claim for personal injury and I replied "Why, I haven't been injured"

The programme is also available on Demand 4, link below.

http://www.channel4..../dispatches/4od

Thanks for putting the link, I knew I had missed something of the posting but couldn't think what it was. Mike

Just watched this using 4 on demand.

The insurance companies are just shameful you know what's with no morals it seems.

I did see some members of the public fighting back against council motoring fines on bbc 1 last night about 10.30 ish. The program name eludes me but the characters involved were called "no to mob" I found I liked these people rather more than the council officials.......can't think why!!

Just watched this using 4 on demand.

The insurance companies are just shameful you know what's with no morals it seems. I have been telling everyone this for years

I did see some members of the public fighting back against council motoring fines on bbc 1 last night about 10.30 ish. The program name eludes me but the characters involved were called "no to mob" I found I liked these people rather more than the council officials.......can't think why!!

"No to mob" what a great bunch of guys they are. I was amazed that they never got visits from the police using some lame duck excuse as to why they cant do it. Just goes to show that we should fight back.

The program was called Parking Mad and here is a link to it. http://www.bbc.co.uk...yr/Parking_Mad/

Seeing those Not to mob guys at work really reinstates that there are people willing to put themselves up against the injustices this country now manufactures and allows. Mike

PS Warning, it will make your blood boil.

Parking mad, that was it. Missed the beginning but I will rectify that with iplayer.

I agree Mike, I wish I had time to spare to join them in the fight.

Anyone interested in fighting the busybodies who govern our motoring life can do no better than join this site http://forums.pepipoo.com/

Brilliant site well worth book marking and visiting regularly. Mike