Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is Pics Coming Today!

Waiting for the new IS-F. Rumour has it that the successor to the LF-A has been put on hold, if not cancelled altogether, due to the general economic situation. However, the carbon fibre weaving technology that was developed for the LF-A will not be wasted but used on other models, initially for the new IS-F.

Burning my eyes.

What an absolute mess and I thought the 2nd Gen looked like a bag of spanners.

Too rakish,too pointy and all the symettry of a pile of abandoned deckchairs.

I had hoped that we would see some of the signature body features from the 1st Gen with a modern look.

It's only redeeming feature is the LF-A inspired dash.

Such a shame.....stand by for the Vauxhall/Mazda lookalikes later this year.

The front looks like a new GS to me Ian! I'm loving that back end tho. Can't wait till they arrive at the dealers. I have no intention of buying one but I think I'll book myself a test drive :)

Why not? I used to do test drive sundays when cosworths came out, couldnt afford one but test drives were free.Only time i ever got to drive the one i wanted...a magenta red 4x4 sapphire cosworth with full leather.

Could be time to visit lexus.Re-live my youth.

Absolutely Ian. I have quite a good relationship with Lexus Bristol so I'm gonna give them a ring and try and book it :)

Well after a couple of hours, I have to say I really like it. I think it looks great. And I really really like the back end. I honestly think its a fantastic looking car!

Thank goodness others dont like it, the front looks like some cheapo overstyled eurobox to me, obviously Lexus want to drop it's premium tag and compete with other cheapo Jap makes......could it look better in the flesh inside and out? probably not.....I suppose I could buy one and put a complete restyled body on it.....Nah!

I think I will get used to the looks, esp with a front number plate.

I wonder what engine/gearbox options there will be. I hope they improve, maybe even a diesel with an autobox.

I think I will get used to the looks, esp with a front number plate.

I wonder what engine/gearbox options there will be. I hope they improve, maybe even a diesel with an autobox.

It's hasn't been officially announced yet but what I've read on the net is that there will 100% not be a diesel. I don't think Lexus will ever make another diesel.

Also there will be an IS300 hybrid and an IS250 2.5 V6 petrol . Like I said tho that's just what I've read, don't know how reliable it is.