Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The 2014 Lexus Is F Sport - Pictures Released

Slab sided barn doors, a hideous front end and mirrors (front view they look like two drivers,keep the golfers happy) so large you can see back in time.....I could go on, but what is the point of flogging a dead horse?

Chris, I think you may be in the minority.

Yes I am lol. I keep looking at the pics thinking there must be something to dislike! Lol..

I'm not a fan of the new front grill but it's sort of grown on me since I first saw the new GS and this new IS looks identical to me. I found the wing mirrors too big on the 2nd Gen IS to be honest

I like what I have seen so far of the interior, although the cup holders look naff.The LF-A style speedo is superb.

The exterior is so unappealing.

It is like they have tried to produce something new and radical and they just didn't know when to stop until someone in the design team shouted "Enough! We'll go with that."

I think once I get rid of my IS 200, I'll move on from Lexus.

i like the rest of the car but not the front too much of a joker. that grill does not look sporty or aggressive to me more like 2099 back to future thing and too identical to the GS.

i meant as well go for audi if this is the route they want to take on all there model as they now look the same only big, bigger and biggest

...which totally makes the front look conventional. Having said that whilst the Gen2 was a big change from the Altezza based IS200, this one seems more evolution rather than revolution, which is a good thing.

I do like it though; the original photo's seemed to indicate it was over styled by some margin, but the youtube vid seems to show it better. I think it will be a car with good character, as long as it drives well. Else the journo's will have a field day. I hope they fixed the issues that the Gen 2 had - namely rattles, road noise and a very cramped rear and small boot. For the UK, low emissions are a must, so a Hybrid??

The youtube one seems to be in California, and you don't see the suspension really working, so it's hard to say whether it will be blighted by a stiff hard suspension like the CT.

Love the interior though...by far the best of any small exec car, though the centre console does seem a bit CT200 to me. The dash is lovely.

I watched the video of the launch. The Lexus bloke says the engines will be :-

IS250 2.5 litre V6 (Dont know if this is the same as current 250)

IS350 3.5 litre V6

IS300h 2.5 litre 4 cylinder hybrid

And apparently the hybrid will not be available in the USA.

Getting IS250 and IS300h as per the UK Lexus blog. I think they will have a tough time turning over the 2.5 V6.

Replacing the IS250 with IS350 could have been a better gamble.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links