Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The 2014 Lexus Is F Sport - Pictures Released

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting snippet here:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/four-cylinder-hybrid-mooted-for-lexus-gs/265475

It's mainly talking about a version of the GS with the IS300h drivetrain but there is also mention of a need for an entry level IS below the IS250.

A new IS200 with a 4 cylinder 2 litre perhaps?

4 cylinders are not smooth and quiet enough by Lexus standards hence they limit to 6 cylinders. Lexus is a brand which has always been associated with smoothness so chances of us seeing a 4 pot is very slim. They did have the 4 cylinder diesel but that went out fast and i think Lexus themselves were also relieved to see the back of it. Was all down to them not putting a lot of R&D into the diesel technology like the Germans but they do have billions of dollars invested in R&D Hybrid technology so will make sense to have more cylinders in their cars for smoothness and run it on a set of batteries for more economy and better emissions.

Well the IS300h will be a 4 cylinder hybrid, as would the GS version if it arrives and the CTs are all fours as well.

BMW are saying they will use 1.5 litre turbo charged triples in similar cars.

Was under the impression the 300h was a 2.5 V6? I think most do not classify the CT as a Lexus! It gets soo much bashing ..Please don't shoot the messanger..

All the reports I've seen say the 300h is a four, as does the link to the GS(300h?) I posted.

As for an entry level IS I was only speculating. If it's true Lexus think they need it in Europe, I can't see how they could produce anything cheaper than the 250 as a hybrid because the unit in the CT/Auris/Prius wouldn't really be up to it and they aren't much cheaper anyway. As for a smaller six, do Toyota have one in production anymore and if they did would it have low enough CO2 figures for anyone to buy it? The new GS250 seems to be almost dead in the water and I think the new IS250 will struggle with the hybrid only 3 grand more. Even private buyers are baulking at paying £250 a year road tax.

Diesels are a different matter (I know all about the 220D, had one for 3 years). The 300h is intended to cover that sector.

4 cylinders are not smooth and quiet enough by Lexus standards hence they limit to 6 cylinders. Lexus is a brand which has always been associated with smoothness so chances of us seeing a 4 pot is very slim.

Doesn't the CT200h have 4 cylinders?

EDIT: Sorry just read Gary T's post confirming this, please ignore :)

Edited by LexIS200Sport

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shame the IS350 wont be here, and hope they wont stop bringing the is250 after a while ! I rather IS250 than mercedes C250 imo, i remember when the 2nd gen IS was released, there was a short waiting list as demands were big ?? lexus just about managed to source an IS250 from somewhere so they cant be doing that bad with the IS despite critics always saying its behind competitors like BMW / Benz ??

• 1 month later...

After 4 years away from Lexus I am now returning and have ordered an Ultra Blue IS300h F Sport - as a present Evoque owner I can't wait to get back to the customer care that Lexus are renowned for - Land Rover are a complete joke and it is a pity that their couldn't care less attitude doesn't match up with how good their cars actually are.

I know I am taking a risk without a test drive but I've been sold on the virtues of the hybrid F Sport. Delivery is expected mid July.

• Like 1

After 4 years away from Lexus I am now returning and have ordered an Ultra Blue IS300h F Sport - as a present Evoque owner I can't wait to get back to the customer care that Lexus are renowned for - Land Rover are a complete joke and it is a pity that their couldn't care less attitude doesn't match up with how good their cars actually are.

I know I am taking a risk without a test drive but I've been sold on the virtues of the hybrid F Sport. Delivery is expected mid July.

Nice :zee:

Can wait to see the pics

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...