Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow It's Coming!

panya

summer rubber with good grip and wet handling grip are more than capable as winter rubber in snow but will boil down to where one lives i suppose..

I'll PM you the phone number of my next door neighbour that has 4 brand new (well, three months old) Continental SportContact tyres on his C-Class Merc (tyres that are equiv or better than your Pirelli's, and also newer, and a car that is more or less equal in terms of weight, drive format, etc) and you can explain to him how yours is so good and capable, and ask him to explain why his won't move more than a foot or so, ok? I mean, you've got it all figured out, and you know all about it, right?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll PM you the phone number of my next door neighbour that has 4 brand new (well, three months old) Continental SportContact tyres on his C-Class Merc (tyres that are equiv or better than your Pirelli's, and also newer, and a car that is more or less equal in terms of weight, drive format, etc) and you can explain to him how yours is so good and capable, and ask him to explain why his won't move more than a foot or so, ok? I mean, you've got it all figured out, and you know all about it, right?

Thats me on my way to town this morning about 2 hours ago and its still snowing here as I type...

-1 outside

post-39192-0-63534800-1358688331.jpg

I dont have a measuring tape but my guess will be an inch of snow

post-39192-0-46878100-1358688394.jpg

snow mode activated as usual

post-39192-0-36183700-1358688417.jpg

no salt or grit as the council cant be bothered as usual

post-39192-0-79808800-1358688503.jpg

same here

post-39192-0-80094000-1358688517.jpg

summer Pirelli Rosso's

post-39192-0-79045300-1358688539.jpg

and away we go :D ... like I said high grippy tires + snow mode works a treat matt..tell that C Class driver to get him a Lexus IS300 and wont go wrong with the Snow mode setting. winters will do a better job than the Rosso's for sure but like i said depending on where one lives one can get by with high performance grippy summer's with good wet handling grip just fine! and I am also stopping and moving away from a stop just fine..!!

All been good so far here with the winters on. Not using the snow button apart from when my misses drives the thing.

The fun button or as some of you refer to as TRC is being used pretty much all the time. Much fun but I recon I'm getting about 200 miles out of a full tank now....

I think the car would be much more fun if it had a little more weight on the front.

All been good so far here with the winters on. Not using the snow button apart from when my misses drives the thing.

The fun button or as some of you refer to as TRC is being used pretty much all the time. Much fun but I recon I'm getting about 200 miles out of a full tank now....

I think the car would be much more fun if it had a little more weight on the front.

Eat more pies? :D

Thats me on my way to town this morning about 2 hours ago and its still snowing here as I type...

-1 outside

post-39192-0-63534800-1358688331.jpg

I dont have a measuring tape but my guess will be an inch of snow

post-39192-0-46878100-1358688394.jpg

snow mode activated as usual

post-39192-0-36183700-1358688417.jpg

no salt or grit as the council cant be bothered as usual

post-39192-0-79808800-1358688503.jpg

same here

post-39192-0-80094000-1358688517.jpg

summer Pirelli Rosso's

post-39192-0-79045300-1358688539.jpg

and away we go :D ... like I said high grippy tires + snow mode works a treat matt..tell that C Class driver to get him a Lexus IS300 and wont go wrong with the Snow mode setting. winters will do a better job than the Rosso's for sure but like i said depending on where one lives one can get by with high performance grippy summer's with good wet handling grip just fine! and I am also stopping and moving away from a stop just fine..!!

You've missed the point entirely. Again (this is becoming more than a regular occurrence). Nowhere in my post did I say you were lying. Nowhere did I say you haven't been able to drive in the snow on your coveted Pirelli Rosso's. So I'm unsure why you felt the need to post photo's to prove anything? But if you want to post pics, here's mine in -5 a few evenings ago;

file-22.jpg

Not sure how that proves anything though?

Anyway, as said, you've missed the point entirely (again). The point is what works for you doesn't always work for others. But you are so ***** sure of yourself that you think if you can do it, then everyone else can. I'll pay your petrol cost for you to drive down from Bedford to my house, providing you can get park your car at the bottom of my little hill, and drive it out again with no fuss or wheelspin. Because nearly all the other RWD cars where I live can't, and even a couple of the 4x4's can't. Most of the FWD's can, although there's always a few that simply do not grasp the concept of changing your driving style to suit the conditions who get stuck. But nearly all the RWD Merc's, Beemer's, Jag's and even another Lexus, cannot get out onto the main road at all.

hence i said it 'DEPENDS ON WHERE ONE LIVES' matt. learn to read posts first before jumping into assumptions. I even mentioned in my previous post about winters doing the job better in snow as thats what they a designed for but depending on where one lives, one can get by just ok in a rear wheel driven car wearing high performance grippy summer tires with good tread which handles wet weather aswell.

hence i said it 'DEPENDS ON WHERE ONE LIVES' matt. learn to read posts first before jumping into assumptions. I even mentioned in my previous post about winters doing the job better in snow as thats what they a designed for but depending on where one lives, one can get by just ok in a rear wheel driven car wearing high performance grippy summer tires with good tread which handles wet weather aswell.

I did read your post, and did see you wrote about depending on location. But then you contradicted yourself by coming across with your usual "I know everything and everyone else is wrong" attitude about your car on your tyres being able to drive in snow no problem. Tell me, if it's dependant on where one lives, making the difference between being able to drive a certain car in snow or not, why the last comment about telling my neighbour to change his C-Class for an IS300 and only use the snow setting, and "he won't go wrong". Surely, if it's dependant to where I live, that won't help him? But of course, you know best, right?

I'm really starting to hate this snow. Finally got my car out of the drive this morning after nearly an hour with the shovel that I had to walk 2 miles to B+Q to get!

So got the car to my mates house to watch the footy, tried to parallel park, car started sliding backwards and banged into a kerb. Now I have a nasty kerbed rear alloy! Great!! :(

Hi to all i have to say my car will be staying on the drive unless you are going to put a lot of weight over the back axle and winter tyres on your going nowhere really safely and i have brand new tyres on reminds me of my old 3litre Capri what a fun and scary in equal measures car to drive in slippery conditions

How's this for smiles per gallon?

7da035c5169f665e0a3ef896649fbd94.jpg

Is that 80 miles from full Ray? Disgusting! Lol

Yeah, reset the thing when filled up...

That's 20 miles forward though and the rest sideways.....

Lots of fun :)

yes i do matt.. feel free to pm me a street name where your IS is undrivable near essex and i might just surprise you!!

"Yes you do" what? Know everything?

My IS isn't undriveable. Went out in it Friday, and yesterday. Coped perfectly fine, almost as if there isn't any snow at all

I'm really starting to hate this snow. Finally got my car out of the drive this morning after nearly an hour with the shovel that I had to walk 2 miles to B+Q to get!

So got the car to my mates house to watch the footy, tried to parallel park, car started sliding backwards and banged into a kerb. Now I have a nasty kerbed rear alloy! Great!! :(

I did offer to take those Aeros of your hands foc..

Fancy a swap for some nasty black 17s with winters on? Haha

Hi to all i have to say my car will be staying on the drive unless you are going to put a lot of weight over the back axle and winter tyres on your going nowhere really safely and i have brand new tyres on reminds me of my old 3litre Capri what a fun and scary in equal measures car to drive in slippery conditions

Fill the tank up. That weighs about 8 and a half stone!

I just take my old van out as there are plenty of people out there that cant drive in the snow so they can hit the van instead of my car. see we all think that we can drive in the snow and most can but once your sliding who knows what is going to happen what about the new drivers and this is there first outing in the snow

If I had the option to take my van out, I wouldn't even own my Lexus! The only reason I have to have a car is because my company don't allow use of the work van for private use. Back when I was at another company, I didn't have a car for about 5 years!

I miss the free motoring days; no tax, no mot cost, all problems fixed and paid for by the company; tyres, brakes, and most of all, free fuel. Ahh, those were the days!

I did offer to take those Aeros of your hands foc..

Fancy a swap for some nasty black 17s with winters on? Haha

Haha nah your alright Ray. :whistling:

Guess a wheel refurb is getting done in the spring!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links