Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Selling My Is250

I think you can get £15,000 for it based on what 2011 IS250's are going for on Autotrader at the mo..any reason why you selling?? Audi S4's are beasts by the way :devil: but I personally would take the keys of an IS-F over one just for the fact that I am biased towards Jap cars :D ..

I do like the isf but it's too expensive to buy outright at the moment s4 go for 8k. The Lexus is brilliant as all I do is drive the motorway everyday. Is just do powerless. Plus my wife is not a fan of driving it due to it being so new. I'm not sure if we will sell yet though. She really wants 4wd. She thinks more the golf r32.

Really :msn-oh: ? a woman turning down a car because its soo new?? i do agree the ISF's are going for around 18-20K mark so a bit pricey for me too the insurance alone for me on an IS-F can buy another IS300..'powerless??'..It depends on the cars you were trying to take on on the motorway..IS250 will be as powerful as any 200 bhp car weighing 1400 - 1600 KG so it wont stand a chance over S4's, BMW M's or AMG's for sure...if you were used to big Turbo or V8 power then you might find IS250 a bit gutless but they are still capable.. go for what both you and the wife are happy to drive mate both the S4 and R32 will be well built and both do have Quattro(4WD) so that alone ticks the boxes of what you looking for...

Really :msn-oh: ? a woman turning down a car because its soo new?? i do agree the ISF's are going for around 18-20K mark so a bit pricey for me too the insurance alone for me on an IS-F can buy another IS300..

I too thought the IS-F would be expensive to insure, but no... only £360 fully comp (you will need Tracker fitted though)

wow ... am 30 have 9 years no claims and checked how much an IS-F would cost me and cheapest was £3000 a year.. wont be fun having a tracker fitted to my car sounds more like big brother to me!!

Depends on what kind of a tracker it is. One's there for security and the other to observe driver behavior. You certainly don't want the driver behavior one in an ISF.

Insurance generally is not an issue for me, but the cost of the car is. Plus (after a fair amount of research) it seems the S4's V8 engine can be converted to LPG! :D

As I do a good 300+ miles a week, this will be a good thing. :)

I see your car at least twice a week lol

If I could afford it I'd have it in a heartbeat. Stunning looking car :)

You can afford it... loans are cheap these days ;) £15k and its yours!

lpg and i will get equivilant of 60mpg ;) Cant do that on a ISF! :D

sometimes i think why buy a high performance car and drive it with a light foot to get 60mpg?? everything about the car was designed to make it handle on the limit and fast. fast = high fuel consumption. A CT200h will give you the 60mpg and I bet you if you buy the S4 and do the lpg conversion you will not be driving the car to get 60mpg trust me. from the exhaust note to the engine note will urge you to put your foot down evertime :driving:.. its a 340bhp car so you will not be pampering this car for 60mpg otherwise there wont be a point having it in the first place.

Its not wise to have a high performance car and drive it in its "intended" mannor all the time. Most of my driving is up and down the motorway which having 60mpg at 70'-80mph would be great. Dump it down to petrol, have a blast sometimes too. All in one. But thats the idea. :)

The other benifit of the audi (so far) is that it is some what modifiable. Not alot possible to do on the is250.

Its not wise to have a high performance car and drive it in its "intended" mannor all the time. Most of my driving is up and down the motorway which having 60mpg at 70'-80mph would be great. Dump it down to petrol, have a blast sometimes too. All in one. But thats the idea. :)

The other benifit of the audi (so far) is that it is some what modifiable. Not alot possible to do on the is250.

Yes i know what you mean but you also know what i mean about having a 340bhp car and not using the horses every now and again :winky:

Yes i know what you mean but you also know what i mean about having a 340bhp car and not using the horses every now and again :winky:

I do - but the worst bit is having the horses and not being allowed to play ;)

Probably no good to ricostuart.

But I just had a mail shot from Lexus UK

ricostuart probably got the same letter.

There are no more 2nd gen IS left to order.

The new model is out in July as you know.

In the meantime they are offering a new GS for £5k off list.

You have to take the Lexus Financial Services package though.

Any good?

Argento

BTW as there are no more 2nd gen IS to order, do you think that will have a positive effect

on the trade-in/resale value of our IS's in the short term .... ?

In a word, I don't think it will hold it's value any better

The new GS is such good value 2nd hand, that anyone wanting to spend £25k upwards would be silly not to get a slightly used new shape GS!! It is superb, and if you don't believe me, try it. You'll be shocked at how much better it is than the outgoing IS. The game has moved on.

I do - but the worst bit is having the horses and not being allowed to play ;)

if you drive a car like the S4 no one wants to play with you..you might get the occasional Saxo who thinks he has a fast car cus of a cat back sport exhaust but you wont find a lot of similar high peformance cars in your league to play with unless track days which makes it quite boring. so in a way having a high performance V8 is good but everyone gets scared and not bother! unlike mine which most think its an IS200 (No offence) from far and think they can bully until the Supra engine comes on 'cam' in M mode and humbles a few and i have had plenty :D

lpg and i will get equivilant of 60mpg ;) Cant do that on a ISF! :D

sometimes i think why buy a high performance car and drive it with a light foot to get 60mpg?? everything about the car was designed to make it handle on the limit and fast. fast = high fuel consumption. A CT200h will give you the 60mpg and I bet you if you buy the S4 and do the lpg conversion you will not be driving the car to get 60mpg trust me. from the exhaust note to the engine note will urge you to put your foot down evertime :driving:.. its a 340bhp car so you will not be pampering this car for 60mpg otherwise there wont be a point having it in the first place.

I agree there. I've had a few M3s and an S Type R and tested a 4.2 S4 a while back but each time I come back to the car being 7/10 in all areas and costing a fortune.

I now have an IS250 (due on Wednesday) for everyday comfort, a VX220 for weekends, track days and European blasts, and a Corrado VR6 which will be sold in due course.

The running costs for those are much less than a late S4, M3 , XFR or AMG and I think each one does its secific job 9/10 or better.

Also each makes the other feel more special oddly. Long drives in the VX make you appreciate how raw and fun it is, but then hop into the VW and it's like a little S Class.

In a word, I don't think it will hold it's value any better

The new GS is such good value 2nd hand, that anyone wanting to spend £25k upwards would be silly not to get a slightly used new shape GS!! It is superb, and if you don't believe me, try it. You'll be shocked at how much better it is than the outgoing IS. The game has moved on.

Interesting and useful. Thanks for that.

I do like the look of the new GS

I have not driven it.

But I have 'sat inside it'.

I'm not sure if it would fit in my tiny garage.

The IS just, fits in with about 15cm to spare, length.

Anyway, slightly off-topic.

Can you tell me if your GS came with the Driving Mode switch?

That is Snow, Normal and Power.

Argento

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links