Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spring Meet ?

jeffreyt

there doesn't seem to be much on the forum in the way of meets for SC430 owners in the SE ( I admit there may be such topics and I've missed them ) so I thought I would see if there is any interest .

I am in Berkshire ( Twyford ) and would be happy to meet up anywhere in the Berks,Oxfordshire,Hampshire,Surrey area.

I have in mind somewhere nice to visit and park up and have a chat about our cars,perhaps take a picnic or

somewhere with a nice old pub nearby.

Obviously I am thinking of when the weather gets a bit warmer as I tend to hibernate during the winter but if anyone knows of a pub with a decent fire that we can sit around then maybe we could do it before then.

Thanks for reading

There was a meet down your way in November 2012 which from all accounts was well received and attended.

I'm sure there will be more coming up later in the year.

There is one presently being organised for May in the Midlands area but probably a little too far to travel.

The last Southern meet is detailed below.

http://www.lexusowne...showtopic=79177

I am happy to go back to the place we went last time, right by Paultons Park.

Apparently the food was good, but they had a power cut after I had ordered so I never got fed!

We had several IS's TigerFish's GS430 and I took the SC.

Be great to get some LS owners and RX owners next time.

Does anyone want to pick a date?

yes,I think it would be a good idea to have a general Lexus meet ,open to all.

Just read on the club meet sub forum that we have to make it very clear this is not a formal LOC meet ,its a private meet that we just happen to be discussing on the forum.

There is an east midland meet on 5 May so we should avoid that date, how about the following Saturday or Sunday ,11 or 12 May ?

I have an open mind on the venue,not sure where Paultons Park is but my first thought it should be somewhere 'in the middle' of the SE area

but as we all enjoy driving its not critical.

The car park at Mudeford would be a good place and its right on the beach if anyone is bringing their kids but could be a long haul for some ( its about 2 &1/2 hours from me ).

The beach at Mudeford would be a little tricky in my opinion we would have to jostle parking places etc with normal visitors.

IMO I think a pub with a big car park is best.

If there was enough interest in a meeting on the beach, I believe Bournemouth do a Sunday afternoon for owners clubs I shall try and find out. Or alternatively you can all come to my beach hut!

The beach at Mudeford would be a little tricky in my opinion we would have to jostle parking places etc with normal visitors.

IMO I think a pub with a big car park is best.

If there was enough interest in a meeting on the beach, I believe Bournemouth do a Sunday afternoon for owners clubs I shall try and find out. Or alternatively you can all come to my beach hut!

Great Bournemouth would be ideal for me & the Missus AND we can book an overnight stay :flowers:

I was thinking that in early May the car park at Mudeford would have enough spare spaces to fit us in but if it turned out to be a scorching day then yes it could be crowded.

I'm happy with Bournemouth so would be interested to see what RayKhan comes up with .

PS where's the beach hut ?

that's a bit of south coast beach I have never visited so I will be paying you a visit when the sun comes out again.

I had a beach hut at Worthing along time ago when the kids were young and had a lot of enjoyable days down there.

• 1 month later...

che,I am not aware of any meets in April.

TBH its been so cold for so long now I haven't given any more thought to organising a meet.

I still like the idea of a meet somewhere near the beach and haven't given up on Mudeford ot just along the coast where RayKhan has his beach hut.

As soon as it gets warm(er) and the big lightbulb in the sky gets turned up a few notches I will get back on this subject.