Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Wear Is300 Sportcross

mac

The old girl has now covered nearly a whole 8000 miles and,I know you will struggle to believe this, but the inside edges on the fronts are down to 2mm.I am going to pursue this with Reading when I get a nano-second,but has anybody had any dealings with other Dealers regarding this issue? I find it quite unacceptable at this mileage knowing how the vehicle has been driven and nurtured!! :huh:

The inside edges of the front tyres on my previous IS (200SE Auto) were bald as a billiard ball after 19,000 miles, while the rest of the tyre had around 5mm!

Mentioned this to the dealer in passing when I took the car in to have the n/side headlight looked at (it had steamed up). As well as replacing the headlight unit f.o.c., they fited two brand new tyres on the front, also free of charge!

To be fair, I had already mentioned to the dealership manager that I might be trading up to the 300, so the new tyres were probably a goodwill gesture rather than something they felt obliged to do :shifty: - certainly worked, I traded up!

Bonjour

Stupid question, but s I remember the Sport X has a different wearing tyres at the back from the sedan, can you confirm it UK ?

Something like 215/17 in front and 225/17 at the rear, the sedan should have the same tyre size in front & rear.

@d'taleur

Vince

When I first got my IS, the rear tyres lasted 7500 miles - I replaced them with cheaper tyres and got 20000 miles out of them with no noticable loss of handling.

I took the car to the Lexus centre too, and they checked tracking and alignment - it was OK.

Mac - when I picked up my car from Lexus Reading, the salesman warned me that inside edges on the IS200 (and presumably the IS300 too) was prone to wear on the inside edge. He recommended swapping the tyres around every 6,000 to even it out?!

Not quite sure if this is helpful advice or @ss covering in case I queried it later. I would be interested to know how you get on with Reading Lexus!! :yawn:

Many thanks to all,Reading are looking into my lack of compound, I am awaiting a call back,

this could prove interesting across the board, I know Yokohama's are a soft compound----BUT!!!

I have driven performance cars professionally and would expect far more life out of a tyre!! (Especially a set of fronts!!!!!!)

Will keep you updated,thanks again :hehe:

Reading highlighted the imminent need for replacement on the fronts on my IS300 when it had its 10,000 mile service a few weeks ago.

I think it was Mark I spoke to, but he said that it's expected on the IS series. My car has Michelin tyres atm, but the Pirellis on my old IS200 lasted 20,000 miles without a problem. I'll wait as long as I can, then replace them all I suspect..... <sob>

A

Been looking a the inside edge of front tyres yesterday, guess what ....

Clocking 18,500kms and they're looking badly at the inside edge, tks for the info, will surely have to change them before 25.000kms (at the back they're fine already).

Getting the calculator on and starting to look for a cheap Yokohama agent around here.

Many thanks to all,Reading are looking into my lack of compound, I am awaiting a call back,

this could prove interesting across the board, I know Yokohama's are a soft compound----BUT!!!

I have driven performance cars professionally and would expect far more life out of a tyre!! (Especially a set of fronts!!!!!!)

Will keep you updated,thanks again :hehe:

:excl: Check The Wheels and Tyres category or use the link fo further debate on this

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=ST&f=30&t=4332

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links