Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diagnostics Plug-In Point

Dromara1974

Hi all,

I'm meeting a friend tomorrow morning and he has kindly agreed to bring along his hand held diagnostic kit.

Does anyone know where the plug-in point is so we can carryout the check? Is it in the usual place in and around the driver's side lower dash area?

I have an IS220d

Thanks

David

To be honest I didn't look when mechanic plugged in as I was under the bonnet twiddling cables!

But he was sat in the drivers seat with his gizmo plugged in so I reckon you must be right in your assumption.

Thanks chaps.

It is located beyond the lower part of the dash, but you have to get right into the footwell to get to it. It has a cap/cover that you need to remove first. There is another box to the left with a transparent blue lid - the fuse box I suspect (didn't have time to investigate)

Unfortunately, the diagnostics didn't display any fault codes, yet I then drove down the M1 for 37 miles with a choking/powerless engine that achieved 31.4mpg. I had done about 37 mpg on the way there - so frustrating!!!!!!!!

No not at all, as my car is prone to doing that and this was why I wanted to see if a diagnostic check would flag anything up.

Nothing was logged, nor was anything showing under real time running. I checked the car with my friend and then filled it with fuel(Including AR6200 additive) before setting off down the M1. Just an hour before it was running o.k and the fuel consumption was better than it had been for a while, which was probably down to the 310 mile drive I had done the day before, though it still had the split-personality and just didn't feel like a car with 170+ bhp - more like 110 bhp!!

I'm hoping that a new MAF sensor and air filter will do the trick, though the aftercare manager at Lexus doesn't think it will and said they had never ever fitted a MAF sensor. Strange, when it is a wear item that is recommended for replacement every 3/4 years, or sooner if the car has done low annual miles and short journeys.