Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Please

lewe_d_is200

Also, when you say no joy, what about the coolant? Is it now filled up and the temp guage now registering, or does it loose the coolant quickly?

Yes the coolant is filled up to the top now and the gauge dose register but still no joy, she still overheats. :(

No use taking the bumper off, take off the underside panel and look from underneath. You'll see very little with the bumper off. Shine a torch between the top panel and the radiator and you'll see the front of the radiator. If the radiator is only a year old I'd guess it is sound and just needs the hose clamp tightened.

Do the radiator cooling fans come on when the car starts to overheat?

Cheers mate will hav a look in a min, well when I started her today to see if it was still happening, I let It run for about ten mins and the temp gauge went to half way and did not move any higher this time, so I didn't get to see the fans going and I don't no if they kicked in last time as I was driving lol.

Depending where you are in Hampshire, I have a few different code readers you can try (I'm in Basingstoke).

I live in gosport mate, if you could help Rick that would be great. Thanks so much.

I can pop down tomorrow evening if you are in? Can't do the weekend unfortuantely as I have my folks coming for the weekend. Drop me a PM with address and mobile number and we can sort something for tomorrow. Failing that, it would have to be after the weekend, unless you can make it to mine.

I just want to say a BIG BIG thanks to Rick for coming down to mine this evening to read my codes on my car and have a look and help me solve the problem. Your a legend! thanks so much. Hopefully after I get under it at the weekend I will be able to find out where the leak is coming from and hopefully sort it.

Bugger, thought I would remember it for definate, but I'm sure it was P0115 - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Sensor 1 circuit. Which was consistent with the issue with the coolant loss. It was the only code stored.

I just want to say a BIG BIG thanks to Rick for coming down to mine this evening to read my codes on my car and have a look and help me solve the problem. Your a legend! thanks so much. Hopefully after I get under it at the weekend I will be able to find out where the leak is coming from and hopefully sort it.

No problem. Fingers crossed you sus the exact leak location once the under tray is off.

Well she's fixed. The problem was a loose nut at the bottom of the rad, tightened back up and all fine.

This is where the leak was

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxpjqtov3u8zu30/2013-02-04%2016.52.40.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu02eurrbz7ens7/2013-02-06%2015.06.54.png

Glad you got it sorted and even more glad it was a easy/cheap fix! i must say we've got a really great crowd on the LOC. Its weird tho because when i bought my lexus the coolant was bone dry for at least a month until i noticed! but it ran fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links