Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 (1998) Parts Required

Hello,

I am struggling (failing!) to get some replacement parts for my 1998 Lexus GS300, and would welcome some assistance or advice from any members.

The parts I require are as follows:-

1. Drivers door seal.
  2. Front and rear mudflaps (I'm looking for some original or aftermarket ones that actually fit correctly, and are semi-ridgid, so they can be spray painted to colour match the car. I did buy some from an online retailer that were supposed to be correct and fit, but they were no good).
  3. Drivers wing mirror replacement glass.

As I say, I would like all the parts to be original or as original.

Finally, does anyone have any experience of fixing or replacing the inserts in the carpet which hold the floormats in place? I would like to fix/replace these if possible, but will need to purchase the replacement inserts.

Any help on the above would be appreciated.

Cheers

I don't know which dealer you called but I sense they fobbed you off, put it this way I managed to buy a brand new headlight unit for my Toyota Celsior import last year and it had to be imported from Japan via Lexus Poole

Contact Andy, ACLex the LOC resident parts guy, if you scroll down the forums home page you will see the parts section and his contact details.

Give him a call and he will sort what you need and post them to you.

Yeah, must admit, although the door seal and mud flaps maybe discontinued, I can't see that the mirror glass will be. Whether you'll want to pay the price for a new one (I seem to recall £180 or something for the glass) is a different story. You can get after market heated glass (with the proper plastic balking with clips) for decent money though, albeit not photochromic.