Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow? Its All Over

noby76

So, to confirm, you ARE easily provoked, as you just said you "had to jump on it" after someone said something

putting my point across does not necessarily mean i was provoked.

Can you name one thing you can do longer? Just one...

I can keep my IS300 at a long constant speed of 150mph... try it in your IS and let us know if it manages to get there in the first place :lol:

I think we need some photographic or video evidence of this claim to prove the 150MPH barrier break in an IS300.

Not trying to offend but I think it'll run out of puff under 140MPH...

haha :lol: ..i dont need to prove that in pics or recording ray...all you need to know is the younger brother IS250's with 500cc less and 204bhp thats 6bhp less than the 300 does 160mph on the speedo in stock form. and i can send you lots and lots of vids of IS250's doing this on the autobhan so the 300 will get there thank you very much.. ok based on the way you like to work out mph lets drop that figure down and that still translates to 150mph real land speed. so can the 300 get there with 500cc more and 6 bhp more under its belt?? YES it can and i was 3mph away from it but run out of road..

this is the legendary 2JZ block toyota engine we talking about here guys!!

I've been in my mates standard 300 (you'll meet him at the Mayday meet if your coming) on a top speed run at Hullavington Airfield in Wiltshire. It was in tip top condition, just serviced, all new filters, oils, fluids etc. the speedo hovered between 142-145mph, it wasn't pulling anymore! Now take into consideration I'm a fat git and weigh in at 17 stone, my mate weighs about 9 stone, fuel tank was pretty much empty and also that speedo's over read by 5-10mph your still not hitting that 150mph ever!!

You're comparing two completely different cars here mate.

There is no point comparing engine size/BHP over different cars.....

Max I had out of my Vogue was 240KMH (136MPH) that's a 4.4 V8

You seem to be the only one that get's more MPH out of an IS300 than anyone else including Toyota that probably tweaked everything at launch to make figures look good in the books.

It'll not do more than 140-145MPH even if you pour liquid gold in it, run it on triple refined fuel and have a little pep talk to it in the morning and wash the thing every week.

It just does not!

they are different cars and by Lexus books the IS250's should max out at 140mph. videos have proved this not to be the case. the IS300 bigger engine and lighter than the 250 is down as 143 had it at 147 and run out of road.

your 4.4 V8 was not a toyota sport engine thats all am saying.

the IS300 bigger engine and lighter than the 250 is down as 143 had it at 147 and run out of road.

And out of puff, sorry Noby I didn't want to get involved in this but I've sat in the passenger seat of an IS300 on a top speed run and I know that engine wasn't gonna pull anymore.

Seriously mate, why are you the only one that thinks an IS300 will hit 150mph? Even if your speedo reads 147mph you more likely to be around the 140mph mark as you've admitted yourself that speedometers over read!

That's what I meant by you comparing engine sizes/BHP etc etc. Basically you're saying that if one sticks a Toyota 'sport' engine in a Range Rover all is well and it'll do more MPH?

You keep comparing IS300's with M3's and classes like that. Where do you get your comparison chart? Bottom of your cornflakes box? They're the calories mate...

Next thing you'll be saying is that the IS's build quality is on par and it's mega comfortable...

That's what I meant by you comparing engine sizes/BHP etc etc. Basically you're saying that if one sticks a Toyota 'sport' engine in a Range Rover all is well and it'll do more MPH?

yes stick the same IS300 engine i have in the Vougue add a turbo to give it a bit of tourqe to shift that weight from a stand and you will do 170MPH

yes stick the same IS300 engine i have in the Vougue add a turbo to give it a bit of tourqe to shift that weight from a stand and you will do 170MPH

You really ought to sell the prescription drugs you're on.

Two benefits:

1. You'll probably talk sense on here without the drugs.

2. Somebody will have the time of their life on the drugs you sell them....

Calling back all Rolls Royce engines as we speak and replacing them with Toyota engines to cut flying times. Next flight to Cyprus will take half an hour....

Calling back all Rolls Royce engines as we speak and replacing them with Toyota engines to cut flying times. Next flight to Cyprus will take half an hour....

you think only Rolls Royce engines can fly?? think again ray.

http://mojaveskies.blogspot.co.uk/2008/07/toyota-in-sky.html

paragragh from this link

"In the early 1990s, Toyota began working with Hamilton Standard to develop a twin-turbocharged aircraft engine derived from its four liter V8 Lexus engine.This project resulted in the FV2400-2TC, a 360-horsepower fuel injected engine equipped with Hamilton Standard FADEC engine controls. Such an engine is twice as powerful as the non-Toyota powerplant used in the TAA-1. The FV2400 received FAA type certification in February 1996 and production certification in July 1997"

what have you learnt today ray?? a Toyota engine is good enough to fly to Cyprus and back and will do it in a smooth silky way whilst its at it :D

what have you learnt today ray??

Today I have learned that you start names with a capital letter... oh no, no that was my 5-year old at school today....

I was taking the p1ss out of your exaggeration about engines etc. Even now you're comparing Toyota engines with RR. RR ones carry 750+ people not 2. :rolleyes:

That wasn't the point I was trying to get across and that's probably why we're on page 10 now.....

Failure to communicate or should I say failure to actually read what has been posted. Have a read back...

I know you think Lexus or your Lexus is the best thing since sliced bread and you feel obliged to defend your case but at the end of the day the IS200/300 is a bottom of the range car made cheap to try and compete with the 3er and 200 series which it has not. I quite like the car but I wouldn't rate it high due to the lack of comfort or build quality.

Driven a V-reg GS300 today and it seems a much more refined car and I like it. Just in case your next comment is that I slag Lexus off...

apart from very tight corners mine competes very well with 328i and 330i's thank you...lack of comfort? IS wasnt built for that. GS and LS were. lack of build quality. even my dog knows anything Toyota will out last any thing German not just BMW.. thats what Lexus is known for build quality with regards to lasting not flashy build quality(BMW).

Right,..... give me a shout when your's reaches even near 300K and we'll talk again......

You're avoiding points you can't answer and brabble along with summit else over the top. Clearly from your post you have a hatred about German cars especially BMW.

I on the other hand have no problem with Jap cars whatsoever hence having two Toyota's. One IS200 and one Celica.

You need to take your dog to the vets and have it put down mate. Build quality I'm on about, not reliability...

a product and i mean any product on this earth cannot be reliable without having a good build quality. does that make sense?

guess what ray i owned a 97 520i, my very best mate owns a 330Ci coupe and have driven it countless times when we go on long tirps and thats where i make my comparisions between my IS and his. and you would be surprised to know IS's are more comfortable than 330's and am on about the E46's. member of my family owns the 3.0si X3. as you can see I too have owned a 5 series before and if i hated BMW i wouldnt have bought one with my hard earned cash. I dont hate them i just think they are over hyped for what they are thats all.

I can keep my IS300 at a long constant speed of 150mph... try it in your IS and let us know if it manages to get there in the first place :lol:

Even for you, that's moronic. (especially since you've never been at 150mph in it)

Anyway, please stop avoiding/ignoring the question of what does any of this have to do with snow or winter?

Are you beginning to see his flaws, Ray? As you've cottoned onto, he cannot answer a simple, direct, question with a truthful and honest answer, and has to divert the subject, circumvent it, or blatantly ignore it, as he knows it will counteract all the other tosh he's posting.

Prime example; he tells me he won't reveal what he does for a living, which I asked, because it has nothing to do with the subject matter this thread was originally about. But yet when I ask him directly, and on several occasions, what 0-60 figures, top speed figures, Ferrari's, Nissan Skylines, the Nurburgring, etc etc have to do with winter and/or snow (which is the subject topic of this thread), he avoids/ignores the question and changed the subject. Why? Because the answer, the honest, truthful, answer is that none of it has anything to do with inter and/or snow. He won't admit that, even though he has to agree that's true, because it makes a mockery of him and his spiel. Trouble is he trapped himself in it, and now doesn't have a way out without either lying, or plain ignoring the question.

The mark of a fool - as I've said many times before...

I mean honestly - this is coming from the boy that says he can hold his IS300 at a constant speed of 150mph, sorry, a LONG constant speed of 150mph, yet only a few posts back he was telling us how he only did 147mph. Now suddenly it's a 150? (and don't even get me started at how he knows it was 147mph, considering the clocks don't have markers for individual points of speed, only numbers that increase by 20 and dots that indicate the 10s between them. Maybe it was 146?

Well I just thought I'd have a quick look in to see how everyone is doing but I think that I need to have a look on eBay to find some wellies..... Nobys bull**** is staining my socks.....

I fear that Noby will be posting quite late tonight...... No school tomorrow.

Are you beginning to see his flaws, Ray? As you've cottoned onto, he cannot answer a simple, direct, question with a truthful and honest answer, and has to divert the subject, circumvent it, or blatantly ignore it, as he knows it will counteract all the other tosh he's posting.

Yep! I get more sense out of my nearly two year old son. He only speaks three words!!

What we now know is:

• An IS300 can do 150MPH at a constant speed (might be a contender for LeMans 24)??

• Winter tyres are a waste of time as Pirelli summer tyres do the same job. (got new Pirelli's on the Celica but what do I know)

• In Britain the chance of snow is limited to two weeks.

• Spring starts a month earlier down south....

• BMW's are sh!t

• The IS300 outruns anything "in it's weight capacity"¿ varying from 200 to 300BHP N/A or turbocharged... (even though it won't outrun a 325)...

• Everybody's driving experience is the same and weather conditions never change so we can base times, top speed and acceleration on figures between different cars.

• The IS300 is classed as a performance car.

The IS300 does defy the laws of physics.

There was me thinking the IS300 was just a mid-class standard vehicle.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links