Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow? Its All Over

noby76

Another big BMW Ray,

Nice.... :)

Not loving the IS? :lol:

Not really Chris. I have tried my best but just don't get along with the thing.

It is a lot of fun in the snow I must say. A LOT of fun I might say...

It's just too small and uncomfy and no toys. Misses likes it quite a bit so might keep it as a fun car as I've just bought her a grown up car (kind of) the little Merc in the middle.

Knobby will be along soon enough saying BMWs are ******* and his invincible IS is better....

• Like 1

Pah! Knobbie and his IS could leave an E39 M5 for dead.... Do you know nothing?

I can understand you not getting on with your IS, I have always said that they are a bit Marmite but it suits me perfectly as there is only me and the beloved so there is loads of room for her shoes... Next to the Cherokee though, the IS is positively frugal

Another big BMW Ray,

It's just too small and uncomfy and no toys. Misses likes it quite a bit so might keep it as a fun car as I've just bought her a grown up car (kind of) the little Merc in the middle.

Knobby will be along soon enough saying BMWs are ******* and his invincible IS is better....

That's fair enough Ray. I've always liked the 5 series. I'd love an M5 one day.....

Keep it if your misses likes it :)

Anyway it's not snowing here :lol: :lol:

Im surprised you dont find the IS comfy, I find it super comfy and so do most, and ive ridden in some high end cars too. But i have SE springs which is the reason i stayed away from the sport tbh, i can imagine the rides a bit harsher. and for a early 2000s compact sedan i wouldnt expect it to have any more toys, its got the lot if you ask me. Oh except for a trip computer! i was shocked when i first found it didnt have one, even my dinky ford focus had that! Does baffle me the Manuel didnt come with CC also. but if you really think about it the IS isnt short of much when you compare it to a GS or LS of the same year. I really like that era of 5 series tho, a really nice place to be (if its not the base). got a friend with a 530d. I just wouldnt be able to afford to fix it if it went wrong

My IS is one of the last made and is an SE but the suspension does seem to be much stiffer than other SEs... My pal recons it is as stiff as his M5.....Despite me having a glass back, I do like the firm ride and I don't find it uncomfortable and the seats fitme perfectly, but then I am a funny shape...

I don't miss stuff like trip computers, they only depress me by letting me know that I am 30 mins late and my fuel consumption is in single figures though I do quite like the sat nav... The only thing that I would like would be a ford style heated windscreen. Other than that the IS suits me fine....

Alot of ppl who have ridden in mine have commented on how comfy the seats are and how quiet the cabin is. I just wish the last owner didnt put such cheap noisy tyres on it. Well even my SE springs arent exactly cushy but its a sports sedan after all i guess.. i wouldnt mind riding in a newer IS to see if the balance is any better. you do know your IS has heated windscreen wipers btw?

Take the bodykit off and sell it me ray, will make the MPG better being lighter.... :innocent:

:lol:

Nearly took the front bumper bits off this morning snow ploughing at speed..... :ph34r:

Another big BMW Ray,

That's fair enough Ray. I've always liked the 5 series. I'd love an M5 one day.....

Keep it if your misses likes it :)

Anyway it's not snowing here :lol: :lol:

I'm not bothered getting an M5. Especially the maintenance costs :blink: Trying to find a nice late '03/'53 525d or 530d SE Individual.

Im surprised you dont find the IS comfy, I find it super comfy and so do most, and ive ridden in some high end cars too. But i have SE springs which is the reason i stayed away from the sport tbh, i can imagine the rides a bit harsher. and for a early 2000s compact sedan i wouldnt expect it to have any more toys, its got the lot if you ask me. Oh except for a trip computer! i was shocked when i first found it didnt have one, even my dinky ford focus had that! Does baffle me the Manuel didnt come with CC also. but if you really think about it the IS isnt short of much when you compare it to a GS or LS of the same year. I really like that era of 5 series tho, a really nice place to be (if its not the base). got a friend with a 530d. I just wouldnt be able to afford to fix it if it went wrong

I think it's because it's a Sport. Also coming from a diesel to a petrol, auto to manual ad the sheer size difference doesn't make it better.

The board computer is probably the thing I miss most. And the memory seats, steering wheel and mirrors for when the misses has been driving it.

Not swapping cars yet as I've only had it 3 months and finding a low mileage late Individual takes time.

Love E38's and E39's but not going the 7-Series route again.. Done the E39 Touring bit so it'll have to be a Saloon. Not liking the E60/61 tat

I think it's because it's a Sport. Also coming from a diesel to a petrol, auto to manual ad the sheer size difference doesn't make it better.

The board computer is probably the thing I miss most. And the memory seats, steering wheel and mirrors for when the misses has been driving it.

Not swapping cars yet as I've only had it 3 months and finding a low mileage late Individual takes time.

Love E38's and E39's but not going the 7-Series route again.. Done the E39 Touring bit so it'll have to be a Saloon. Not liking the E60/61 tat

Yeah i can totally imagine. The IS has the potential of feeling cramped for sure. Its a very small car at the end of the day. Ive parked next to hatchbacks and realised this! but always loved saloon styling... and yeah like i said ive always had a soft spot for the E39s but it stops there for me too lol. I would love to own a E24 6 series too, beautiful styling and ahead of its time in its day...

Take the bodykit off and sell it me ray, will make the MPG better being lighter.... :innocent:

:lol:

Nearly took the front bumper bits off this morning snow ploughing at speed..... :ph34r:

I ripped a cover off from underneath snow ploughing at speed! lol

Yeah i can totally imagine. The IS has the potential of feeling cramped for sure. Its a very small car at the end of the day. Ive parked next to hatchbacks and realised this! but always loved saloon styling... and yeah like i said ive always had a soft spot for the E39s but it stops there for me too lol. I would love to own a E24 6 series too, beautiful styling and ahead of its time in its day...

Totally agree. The IS200 is one nice looking thing! That's why I bought one.

You need deeeeep pockets for an E24 though... and a good welding machine.. :lol: I'd love to own an E9 but wouldn't be able to afford one or maintain one.

I don't think they've made anything after the E39 that really interests me. They've been swallowed by the big blob of all car makes look alike.

yeah as far as new stuff goes the 6er has grown on me a bit and saw one of the new 6 gran coupes the other day and was pleasantly suprised. and i love bmws new birds eye/top down backup cam feature. geniuse

@Transporter and matt -

why dont you two just get an IS300 and make your self happy. go on you know you want one as all you can talk about is my IS300. dont know what the problem is, maybe envy?? i hope not as IS300's could be picked up for less than £3000 so its not Ferrari money.

@Ray

if you was such a hard core BMW man why didnt you replace your existing BMW with another BMW? you keep going on about how uncomfortable the IS is but IS's wasnt built with comfort in mind..GS and LS/s were and will be a fare comparison if you compared your 5 series to a GS300 SE. Lexus's will always be better built than a BMW and its fact. drive an E46 320i sport and come back to me as to which car is comfortable when compared to the IS200.

quiet sad this thread is still going so mods please free to lock or close my thread if you wish.

@Ray

if you was such a hard core BMW man why didnt you replace your existing BMW with another BMW?

Because I wanted to try an IS200.

you keep going on about how uncomfortable the IS is but IS's wasnt built with comfort in mind..GS and LS/s were and will be a fare comparison if you compared your 5 series to a GS300 SE.

What was it build for then. Isn't the Lexus a top of the range Toyota? And yes I would buy an LS if they came with a smaller engine like a 3 litre or a 2.5

Lexus's will always be better built than a BMW and its fact.

Can you back this 'fact' up or is this on your personal experience again?

quiet sad this thread is still going so mods please free to lock or close my thread if you wish.

Why does this thread need to be locked? It's you that instigated it all and throwing a strop like a 12 year old whenever a different make car is mentioned.

If I buy a 6 litre V12 tomorrow yours would probably still outperform it in your little world....

• Like 1

you tried it you dont like it go back to BMW.. simples..

Lexus top range Toyota is still a good thing as we know our cars are built by one of the if not the largest automatovie company in the world. yes you heard that right...largest automotive company in the world so they have the budget to build any thing they want if they put thier minds to it which is a good thing. infatc I'm proud my car is built by Toyota.. is it wrong for Toyota to have a luxury brand?? I dont hear people like you saying Audi's and Bentleys are just Volkswagen's or Jaguars are just Fords and the list goes on.

why should Lexus offer LS's in smaller engines for you?? either you can afford a bigger engine or you cant buddy.

Have you heard of JD power ratings?? Lexus has dominated this for over 10years running both LS,GS,RX,IS's have all picked up awards now which awards has BMW picked up to cover a 10 year spree? log onto reliabilty index website, what car website and other car related websites ond Lexus/Toyota always comes higher. and if you forgot i owned a 97 520i so I have sat in and driven a BMW before my friend and was nothing special.

Thread nedds to be locked becuase yourself, matt and tranporter dont have anything productive to say other than going on about my IS300 vs an M5 blah blah blah. its old and boring now guys lets move on.

Yes Ray buy a 6 litre V12 and mine will still out perform it if our bhp power ratings are made equal. to make things a bit fair.

You have not even read my last post properly have you? To come back with ramblings like this.

It's like talking to a brick wall mate. Don't you see it?

Yes i did ray and gave you my answer. or should i repeat my self??

ok let me help you out buddy..

6litre V12 will still be out gunned by 2JZ if power rating are made somewaht equal between both cars.

Knobby, I've had an IS300 and sold it 'cos I didn't like the gearbox....Autos in small saloon cars are fine for women the elderly and the terminally baffled but I would like a manual in an IS300, sadly that means that in this country I would have to build one....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links