Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wet Footwell Rx400H

Do not use a coat hanger, it's a soft pliable tube and coat hanger will either tear it or dislodge the pipe!

Use some strimmer nylon, you can get quite a sturdy thickness which will be quite safe and easy enough to run through the pipe.

Only if you are clumsy with it.

Yes, a coat hanger will enter the first few cm of the pipe and then be useless or damaging......the blockages are normally further down the pipe.....best hang your coat on it :D and pinch some nylon from the wifes strimmer......

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hi I I bought Lexus rx400h just about one month back . I realised that all floor is wet even driver and passenger side is more filled with water could you please anyone have experience with this matter how to find leakage point?

I checked the sunroof drain pipe is clear  water goes through fine . Can I get the all car carpet out is that possible? 

4 hours ago, Jamz18 said:

Hi I I bought Lexus rx400h just about one month back . I realised that all floor is wet even driver and passenger side is more filled with water could you please anyone have experience with this matter how to find leakage point?

I checked the sunroof drain pipe is clear  water goes through fine . Can I get the all car carpet out is that possible? 

You need to use the search facility (I haven't got time now or I'd try to find it for you) and look for posts regarding this subject. There's one post in particular that details his fight to find where the water was coming in and he ended up removing all the seats and carpets.

I assume you bought it privately so you have no redress against the seller? If not, and it was from a dealer, get it straight back to them for them to sort it.

If a blocked tube is the issue l can suggest a good safe way of clearing it. Aquarium suppliers sell strong nylon strimmer type wire with a small nylon brush on the end. These are nice and long as they are used for cleaning power filter plastic pipework. I have one from when I kept fish and it is fantastic for cleaning all sorts of pipes. 

• Like 3