Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seems To Handle Ok

and every one talks about how BMW is the 'Ultimate Driving Maching' I always say one needs to be a good driver or awake to drive Jap cars. BMW's have good handling but i bet they are no fun to drive as they pretty much drive themselves any one can be potrayed as 'Schumacher' when driving BMW . even the 1st Gen IS is a tail happy car and needs a focused driver to handle it in twisties otherwise you will loose it and these are what makes jap cars more fun to drive. same as how most drivers used to torque in Turbo hot hatches say Honda S2000's or Civic Type R's dont have tourque and will be outruned by a 2litre diesel mondeo. but get a good driver in this 'Tourqless' car and a 300bhp car is humbled round a race track.

Come on guys.. Play nice..

I wonder if any of the ISF drivers on here would like to comment on how they drive their 5.0 litre cars. I've seen two to date. Both on motorways and both doing 60MPH to save fuel. What's that all about?

I drive mine hard when I need too. I don't think they are driving at 60 save fuel as its easy to get over 30mpg anyway. Probably more of 'just taking it easy, knowing I can take you anytime' :)

I drive mine hard when I need too. I don't think they are driving at 60 save fuel as its easy to get over 30mpg anyway. Probably more of 'just taking it easy, knowing I can take you anytime' :)

I like the sound of that stevet IS-F is in my books for sure but the current price has to drop down and I need to find out why it will cost me £3000 just to insure one am 30 with 9 years no claims so i wonder why :unsure:

Haha yh I mean this is probably the maximum satisfaction I think owners of cars with big engines can get in the UK. You are certainly not going anywhere with the congested roads and points based license system.

I drive mine hard when I need too. I don't think they are driving at 60 save fuel as its easy to get over 30mpg anyway.

How the hell do you get over 30 mpg? The best average I get from mine is usually 23mpg on mixed urban and motorway. On the track it's gone down to 4mpg. I guess I could probably achieve over 30 mpg if I stuck to 70 mph on a long motorway journey, but if mpg was my prime concern I wouldn't be driving a 5 litre car.

I drive mine hard when I need too. I don't think they are driving at 60 save fuel as its easy to get over 30mpg anyway.

How the hell do you get over 30 mpg? The best average I get from mine is usually 23mpg on mixed urban and motorway. On the track it's gone down to 4mpg. I guess I could probably achieve over 30 mpg if I stuck to 70 mph on a long motorway journey, but if mpg was my prime concern I wouldn't be driving a 5 litre car.

Yes, 70mph on the motorway, which my norm for the mon-fri working week. Then I can have blast at the weekend, which makes the IS-F perfect for me.

I get around 32mpg with that sort of constant speed on the motorway in my 745i, so its interesting to know that the IS-F is in that ballpark too (comparing a V8 to a V8).

Sadly though, my IS200 also gives similar mpg in that condition (okay maybe 34 or 35 tops), yet it's less than half of the displacement of the IS-F and the 745i? :blink:

I Agee Steve....I sit at 60-70 when theres no point in rushing. Anyway if you drive like you've stole it all the time, everyone thinks your driving a diesel company car. :winky:

23 mpg life average over 90thousand miles and not one part fitted other than discs and pads. what a car handles good but really needs the LSD. The USA owners say the 2012 suspension is a lot better. I need to change soon..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links