Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would have thought any genuine replacement part fitted by a Lexus dealership would come with a 12 month warranty.

My brother in law has a 4 year old IS with only 18k mile, one of his oxygen sensors went and although his car was out of warranty he argued the fact that it should not have failed and got it replaced free.

Thanks Fellas

Will let you know how I get on.

PS. Have invested in a diagnostics Reader, saves £80 a pop for lexus plugging one in!!...and now you can pick up a good one for £30.

Got to wait for light to come back on now though, as I Cleared the codes after checking.

Toodle Pip.

It depends....

If the part is fitted under the 3 year warranty (or approved used) the whole car (including any parts replaced) is warranted for the duration of the cover - thats it! So, if you have new sensors fitted at 2 years and 11 months, they are, along with the car, only covered for 1 month....

I'm sure that is how it works. It was the reason why I got rid of my IS220d at just short of 3 years old! If you pay for a part, then it gets whatever guarantee is applicable.

Thanks Fellas

Will let you know how I get on.

PS. Have invested in a diagnostics Reader, saves £80 a pop for lexus plugging one in!!...and now you can pick up a good one for £30.

Got to wait for light to come back on now though, as I Cleared the codes after checking.

Toodle Pip.

I've never been charged for diagnostics by Lexus dealers in almost 11 years of ownership! Mk 1 GS300 Sport May 2002 - May 2008, Late 2002 Gs430 SE Nav May 2008 to now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links