Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moving To Amsterdam

dribble

Hi Guys,

this has come as a bit of a shock to me... my job is being relocated to the DAM, and I have been asked to go and join it... I am concerned about the road and its users over there.

As my car is RHD, I guess I am on the wrong side of the car...

I am wondering:

do I sell my car here

do I hope it dont get damaged over there

do I sell and then buy a LHD?

and I was only just getting used to the car too :-(

[ TRC off all the time ;-) ]

If any of you guys have been out there, would you trust it?

TIA

Lee :o

I was going to suggest if you were only staying for a short period say 12 months then it might be easier to buy a little runabout over there and keep the Lex over here.

I take it that they see the Is200 over there?

would be a shame not to be able to drive with a smile...

I would hope that I will not loose too much cash on my car if I did trade it in for cash and get one out there... what would be the options.. would Lexus do the shipping? UUUGGGG!

Lee

Yeah there's difference and theres... ooops couldnt see you passed this jugganaut oops now in a field!

:-(

also I have heard they have stoopid rules of engagement on the road... giveway to people coming onto the roudabout.. whats that all about???

must be too must weed down at the ministry of transport!

:)

the roundabout rules are exactly the same as here, u give way to traffic on the roundabout.

i lived there for a year and had my car there, at the moment the bycycle has 75% priority over road traffic but that is changing to 100% i believe??

At traffic lights dont be surprised if you get beeped a bit - they like to go on the amber light, otherwise i found the roads to be very good, if you plan going into the dam, leave the car and get a tram or cycle.

but dont expect to get the same levels of dealer service as the UK - it leaves a lot to be desired!!! where about in 'dam are you going to be based?

just pm me any other Q's u might have.

i lived there for thrree years......well actually this is my advice.

dont live in Dam....live in Haarlem, very nice and quiet

the roads outside of dam are brilliant, but inside the city, there a little naff, and dont illigally park, it costs a mint to free the car, however i know a little trick to stop it being towed

If you are staying for a minimum of 2 yrs, sell the RHD IS and get a LHD so you can still enjoy the Lex experience.

Als in A'dam most of the time a bike is the fastest way to travel but you have to get some good locks to keep it.

haha the bike racks are terrible... many stripped push bikes and motor bikes... i usually sway outside the city.. got an old black bike and got a sore bottom from the cobbles

Edit: hmm there were too many funny typos there.. think a mod played with that post! :P

haha the dike racks are terrible... many stripped push dikes and motor bikes... i usually sway outside the city.. got an old black tike and got a sore bottom from the cobblers

is what im sure it said

forget the bike, unless you want the phantom bike wheel bender to do his thang

just use the trams........i think your supposed to pay, i never in three years :whistling:

:o , Mat, you criminal, LOL!!!

The chance of getting cought has been very much increased lately.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links