Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want To Supercharge My Is200

Sorry to hijack the topic a bit, but I'm just curious of how much more fuel that will be consumed by the IS200 once you have installed the TTE Supercharger kit? Anyone knows anything about it?

my guess will be it will depend on how the car is driven after the charger is installed. you cant have an engine generate more power without sacrificing fuel or engine parts. even diesel drivers who chip their cars might get mpg improvement but they are sacrificing turbo and injector life to achieve this. fuel is burnt to make power so if you floor it every time it will drink and if you don't use boost most times it will consume like most 200 -220 bhp cars.

sad thing is Lexus/Toyota should have kept on producing the Super Charger kit for the IS200. I mean most engines like the Toyota 3S-GE, 1jz-gte, 2jz-gte and even the old 4A-GE engine used in the 80's AE86 Corrolla's have tuning parts being produced till today so not sure why Toyota shelved the supercharger kits for the 1G-FE engines. most people want the superchargers but are just too rare to find.

I agree. I believe most of the IS200 drivers think that the stock engine without modifications is too darn slow, and most of us would like to boost the engine a bit, but since they don't make the super charger kit no more they really increase in price to a level which most of us can't afford, or don't wanna spend. I guess there's some after market kits but I would really like something that has been developed specifically for the IS200. Gah

• Like 1

that's why I went the IS300 route I knew I would be bored of 155bhp after a while. better to have the IS300's extra 60bhp power in reserve and not need it than not have the power and wish you had it in some situations.

Yeah, my father bought himself the IS300, but I thought I would be fine with 155 bhp since it was a big upgrade from my previous car, though I now think my old car would accelerate past my IS200 haha. Guess I could look for an IS300, but yeah..

The reason the supercharger isn't made anymore is because it was made by TTE (Toyota Team Europe) TTE doesn't really exist anymore although they are still at the same headquarters in Germany but are now branded under TMG (Toyota Motorsport GmbH)

Basically they rebranded and stopped making everything we know as TTE including the supercharger for the IS200.

• Like 1