Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10 Days Into Ownership...

Just thought I'd share my initial impressions of my IS250 after getting it just over a week ago.

The car is running great, much more responsive in the bends than I expected from the test drive.

The service from leicester who supplied and Cardiff who are local has been a bit hit and miss. The car arrived with a cracked screen, hissing on the audio possibly from dab install, steering wheel at 1o'clock, rocking drivers seat, and a few prep issues like needing a proper clean and some scratches needing a polish out. Cardiff collected my car last Friday but due to a mix up didn't bring me a car so having seen the issues in person they returned it on the day with no fuel left in it. I've been ringing lee in Cardiff yesterday twice and today twice but zero call backs and he's never at his desk...

I'm keeping positive about that though and feel confident all will be sorted out.

Can't get over the quality of the audio, even with the hiss. On dab, cd, DVD, hdd or USB its jaw dropping! I use Levinson kit at home so had high expectations but to achieve that level of performance in a car is extraordinary.

The quality feel of everything is also great, the door thud, soft plastics and leather quality are all excellent. The car is pretty fast too and returning a health 29mpg all around town.

I do have a few more Qs though lol. The centre console seems a little creaky when leaning on it. How's everyone else's? And the footwell light on the drivers side is directly above the brake while the passenger is in the inner corner under the centre console. Seems a bit weird to have them lob sided...?

Overall happy and will be hopefully very very happy once the niggles are sorted :)

Cheers,

Pete.

I do have a few more Qs though lol. The centre console seems a little creaky when leaning on it. How's everyone else's?

Mine was the same but is a lot better after some padding. It's not perfect yet. Needs more padding.

And the footwell light on the drivers side is directly above the brake while the passenger is in the inner corner under the centre console. Seems a bit weird to have them lob sided...?

I think mine are centered. They are bright in Park and dim out elegantly when in Drive. I noticed this very recently. :)

I am sorry that you've had some problems with your car and am surprised that Lexus haven't treated you better. Lexus dealers are supposed to be very good in terms of customer service. I did not buy my car from Lexus so can't comment on the after sales service aspect of it. I have however been in on numerous occasions to the dealerships. First I went to Lexus Reading for my 60K service and dash rattles ($$). The customer service was acceptable but not the fairy tales I had been reading on this forum. I've been to Lexus Croydon on two occasions too and couldn't help but notice how they pampered me even though I was in for very small jobs. I guess it varies from dealer to dealer.

The light thing is really weird, it doesn't look right but seems to be in the righ place as in the bulbs seem secure and 'fitted'.

Did you do the padding yourself or did the garage do it for you?

Not 1 to slag people off but Lexus Cardiff are the worst Lexus dealer I've ever dealt with. They take your number with a promise to call back but they never do. They fall far short of the famous Lexus customer service. I use Lexus Bristol who are superb, always call you back within 10 mins and are so helpful!

Anyway glad you like your car. Enjoy it :)

:driving:

I got the dealership to do it for me. It never occurred to me as something I could do myself. I should have done it myself. I would have probably done a better job in the sense that I would have more time to play with it.

I almost getting embarrassed to mention it in case I come across as a pain in the bum.

I've picked up a lot simply because I know in 6 months I won't be able to go back with moans and groans...

I almost getting embarrassed to mention it in case I come across as a pain in the bum.

I've picked up a lot simply because I know in 6 months I won't be able to go back with moans and groans...

Pick up on every little thing your not happy with. Your the customer remember that...

Advise them of all the faults you find and become aware of before your 6 months are up. Use this forum as a back up to voicing your concerns on known problems. If you can back up what you say they will avoid making arses of themselves by trying to say something is'quite normal sir' when quite clearly it is not. It's a polite and firm way of putting them very definitely in the right zone. I find it works...it's not being rude or bombastic, it's just making it abundantly clear you will not be fobbed off.

You will have paid a premium price at a dealership and they have good profit levels in there to sort any of your problems..remember that at all times.

Yeah its a 59 plate with 67k miles.

It's got a years Lexus warranty but I figure it's best to get as much done as possible straight away.

Good point on the dealer premium, I could have got the car probably 2-3k cheaper privately.

If not I'll tell them I'm sending the owners club boys around lol.

I am a bit let down that they haven't phones me back since Friday despite my calls to lee.

Good point on the dealer premium, I could have got the car probably 2-3k cheaper privately.

Quite so, I bought my 2010 privately (took a while to find the right one mind you) and paid £5 more than I was asked to pay for a 2007 model from Lexus dealers.

You are perfectly entitled to expect good service for the good price paid. Sometimes a little prod with a letter can get results.

When I found all the niggles initially I copied the Lexus uk email into my list of problems and they seemed much more spirited in the approach!

Maybe I'll write to lee and cc them again.

When I found all the niggles initially I copied the Lexus uk email into my list of problems and they seemed much more spirited in the approach!

Maybe I'll write to lee and cc them again.

Have you still got details of the 'Lexus UK eMail' Might be a useful tool for me with one or two little things that I need to pick up on with my dealership. Thank you.

Just to give you an update the issues have still yet to be resolved. At the moment Cardiff are waiting for Leicester to authorise the work. Not exactly seamless is it...

They also suggested that because my car needs a new screen rather than a screen repair (it arrived cracked) they have asked me to put it through the insurance and they will pay the excess, first time I've ever seen that before.

Got to admit the shine is steadily going off the car. I could have bought a new VW for the money I spent...!

Just to give you an update the issues have still yet to be resolved. At the moment Cardiff are waiting for Leicester to authorise the work. Not exactly seamless is it...

They also suggested that because my car needs a new screen rather than a screen repair (it arrived cracked) they have asked me to put it through the insurance and they will pay the excess, first time I've ever seen that before.

Got to admit the shine is steadily going off the car. I could have bought a new VW for the money I spent...!

I know what I would be telling them to do with that suggestion. I have heard it on here before that Cardiff Lexus don't rank very highly in the customer service ratings. Funnily enough my first Lexus (220d) came from Cardiff originally but I actually purchased it from Lexus Bristol and I have to say that I couldn't fault their service in any way.

That idea actually came from Leicester in fairness as they claim it'll take all the profit out of the car...???

Tell em you don't care about their profit margins! The cheek to say that to you... Wow!!

You bought a car that isn't what you thought or got told it would be. Give them the car back, tell them the windscreen is their problem and no you will not go through your insurance! Again the cheek of it!! Tell them you want the car delivered as you request with problems taken care of or you want your money back in full and bid them good day!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys just a quick update on my toils.

After a long chat with Richard at Leicester last friday he said they would change my windscreen and get the car in as arranged with Cardiff on tuesday.

I phoned Cardiff on the morning to see what time they were collecting, but I was told the screen hadn't arrived. Personally I don't know whether to believe it or think they had forgot to order one.

Meanwhile, the car has started to become really noisy over bumps, I think it's coming from the drivers door and passenger rear door, maybe the rubber seals chirping. Whenever the rear wheels in particular hit something there is a click/rattle inside the cabin and it's driving me from my previous mood of despair to complete resignation right now. And to top it all off whenever I brake firmly they squeal like anything to the point where pedestrians are staring at me!

If I'm honest right now I just want my money back but havent gone back to them since. I feel like I've bought a total dog of an example...

to be honest i have never used cardiff but i have had no problem with Lexus-Reading or Lexus-Swindon always very very helpful. personnally if i was you and started to feel bad against the car i would give it em back. im sure they have a 30 day no quibble money back. have a look in the finance agreement and/or Order form i think.

but i suppose my expierence is different and to be honest ill be staying with lexus for the foreseable (well at least until the gs250 comes down in price enough for me to get one :D)

before you do rock up at cardiff wanting ya money back, try emailing all your issues to this man

jon.williams@tgb.toyota.co.uk

I garantee you will get a reply within 24hrs (he is the President and Managing Director of Toyota GB / Lexus GB) hes got a snot-a-gram shield on his email and customer service pick it up fast.

Good Luck

Thanks chris, I've written to rob Frewer who is the franchise director for sytner and copied jon Williams in also.

I'm torn between keeping it because it's the car I always wanted, and getting rid of the wretched thing.

i know what you mean i had a sticky clutch pedal (but it got sorted on warranty) but at the time i was proper in love with the car and all i could see was my warranty running out and being left with a car thats going to cost a fortune to sort out that should have been sorted on warranty. but thankfully it all got sorted no quibbling

personnally if i had 'bad' times with a certain dealership i would defo voice my issues. like Chris is200SportTTE said you are the customer that has just spent a shed load of cash.

Good luck hope you get it sorted. keep us informed how you get on.

i know if im ever in cardiff and have issues with my car ill drive over the bridge to Bristol (thanks to this thread) :winky:

Hi guys just a quick update on my toils.

After a long chat with Richard at Leicester last friday he said they would change my windscreen and get the car in as arranged with Cardiff on tuesday.

I phoned Cardiff on the morning to see what time they were collecting, but I was told the screen hadn't arrived. Personally I don't know whether to believe it or think they had forgot to order one.

Meanwhile, the car has started to become really noisy over bumps, I think it's coming from the drivers door and passenger rear door, maybe the rubber seals chirping. Whenever the rear wheels in particular hit something there is a click/rattle inside the cabin and it's driving me from my previous mood of despair to complete resignation right now. And to top it all off whenever I brake firmly they squeal like anything to the point where pedestrians are staring at me!

If I'm honest right now I just want my money back but havent gone back to them since. I feel like I've bought a total dog of an example...

I have heard of a known rattle issue inside the door pillar...may be that.

Your brake shoes may well be worn down too much.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links