Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10 Days Into Ownership...

Tricky bit coming. You want the weave uniform, scut a small piece out of the main console wrap and put the ashtray back into its housing with the console. Now look for the weave when placing the wrap so it lines up perfectly.

Many thanks for the write up, it looks like an excellent job.

I've spoken to my contact that does some wrapping and he's offered to help if I get stuck.

Alternatively I'm getting some of this for a different project but may consider it as an option too.

Not tried the car dip but I've used plastidip before and it's great, I did my VX220 fuel cap in it and the finish was awesome.

bbce142919f3994b5878c4cef084a332_zps8ddd

8601dee63a9490c528c5a883ce17975a_zps8b56

6a904f57aa0652a0770e7358154d6a95_zps44ec

Cardip is a heck of a lot cheaper though so I'd be eager to see how well it performs!

I'm considering wrapping my IS in either matte black or electric blue with a gloss black roof - weighing up the decision at the moment...

Wow, I had a VX a few years back. Lightning Yellow No 020.

Loved it, great car and difficult to replicate. But practicality put paid to that.

With it having a black grill and screen surround I wanted to blacken the fuel cap. There was a guy on the VX forum doing home anodising but I never thought of plastidip.

I've ordered a can of the cardip. I'll let you know how it goes.

Chris