Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Pride & Joy Has Been Damaged

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch, i feel your pain Bluesman i really do, but dont see how you can blame someone else for the fact that it was you who drove your car into the post?!

Even if their van/lorry was blocking the view of the post id say its still your responsibility to check that the path to the parking space is clear, by the look of where the post is i'd say you were parked in the bay to the right of the post and you drove in the the bay too sharpley clipping the post.

Like i said i feel your pain and i speak for everyone one on here that on-one would wish that on anyone friend or foe but to try and blame someone else i'd say your on to a loser there my friend sorry.

No that isn't a parking space that I am parked in. Many years ago it was originally the road.

I realise its difficult to blame someone else but I can be forgiven after waiting 20 mins to get into the disabled bay that I forgot there was a post to my nearside under the hight of the door. As the pub manager said "Its been there for 20 years"

As for blame, you have to blame someone, I thought the arrogance of the Chef & Brewer manager was outrageous so did his head office. We will wait to see what they say. Mike

I've taken the liberty of bolding the irrelevant points and underlining the important bit.

You just can't blame someone else for you driving into a post, you just can't. Ok you got screwed over by a lorry driver hanging around, but it's irrelevant....

If I was the manager etc and someone approached me blaming me, I would just drop to the floor in utter disbelief and laughter, and would probably require a defibrillator to get my heart back into action...( which I would blame on you OP because you tried to blame me putting me into cardiac arrest...)

Ouch, i feel your pain Bluesman i really do, but dont see how you can blame someone else for the fact that it was you who drove your car into the post?!

Even if their van/lorry was blocking the view of the post id say its still your responsibility to check that the path to the parking space is clear, by the look of where the post is i'd say you were parked in the bay to the right of the post and you drove in the the bay too sharpley clipping the post.

Like i said i feel your pain and i speak for everyone one on here that on-one would wish that on anyone friend or foe but to try and blame someone else i'd say your on to a loser there my friend sorry.

No that isn't a parking space that I am parked in. Many years ago it was originally the road.

I realise its difficult to blame someone else but I can be forgiven after waiting 20 mins to get into the disabled bay that I forgot there was a post to my nearside under the hight of the door. As the pub manager said "Its been there for 20 years"

As for blame, you have to blame someone, I thought the arrogance of the Chef & Brewer manager was outrageous so did his head office. We will wait to see what they say. Mike

I've taken the liberty of bolding the irrelevant points and underlining the important bit.

You just can't blame someone else for you driving into a post, you just can't. Ok you got screwed over by a lorry driver hanging around, but it's irrelevant....

If I was the manager etc and someone approached me blaming me, I would just drop to the floor in utter disbelief and laughter, and would probably require a defibrillator to get my heart back into action...( which I would blame on you OP because you tried to blame me putting me into cardiac arrest...)

What does OP mean and why are you so angry, has it cost you anything in the way of money or time.

Try and take it easier or other wise you will have that heart attack. Make a nice cup of tea. Mike

Im generally an angry guy, usually because I spend my day dealing with idiots! I blood pressure ranges from 118 - 155 !

It technically cost me time, and as time = money then it cost me that aswell :D !

Im generally an angry guy, usually because I spend my day dealing with idiots! I blood pressure ranges from 118 - 155 !

It technically cost me time, and as time = money then it cost me that aswell :D !

I would definitely advise you stay away from what you see as contentious discussions as they are clearly a threat to your health. As for costing you time=money, you freely gave this and you knew there would be no financial payment for your input.

Are you really asking me to believe that you were forced into employing your time by reading what I had written???

If I am not careful you will have me dropping to the floor in utter disbelief and laughter.

Still don't know what OP means. Mike

Blimey. Please chill out people lol. Its over and done with and this is all getting a bit daft. There really are more important things to worry about in life.......like what did I do with that picture of VBH where it was obviously very cold!

At the end of the day, Bluesman if fine, car is slightly damaged. No point getting angry and blowing a fuse, that is time and effort wasted which = less time driving pride and joy.

OP = Original poster

Yes, I was forced into giving an input into this thread, if I didn't I would have exploded!

I just cant stop laughing. Please be careful where you explode I wouldn't want you all over my Lexie otherwise I would be forced into spending time & money having to wash you off and of course suing your estate for criminal damage. Mike

At the end of the day, Bluesman if fine, car is slightly damaged. No point getting angry and blowing a fuse, that is time and effort wasted which = less time driving pride and joy.

Here here. Picture some other day as its beginning to snow here. Mike

Blimey. Please chill out people lol. Its over and done with and this is all getting a bit daft. There really are more important things to worry about in life.......like what did I do with that picture of VBH where it was obviously very cold!

I've got it. Mike

I've got it. Mike

I might have known!

It's like it never happened, well done.

I see you still have the polished finish on your wheels Mike, quite rare not to be painted from what I've seen on eBay etc.

Did they come to you like that, or did you refurb them?

I see you still have the polished finish on your wheels Mike, quite rare not to be painted from what I've seen on ebay etc.

No she came with those and they have stood the bad weather well. I was going to go for a refurb of the wheels as I have one really bad wheel but looking at it I think it would be a waste of money. I need to find out if the one wheel can be done and that it will match the others.

About a year ago I bought a set of refurbished wheels on eBay but quite frankly my dog who has been blind and deaf from birth could have done a better job. I drove all the way to Liverpool and it was chucking it down with rain so never looked at them properly but when I got them home the true mess they were in was apparent. He had tried to spray them and I can only assume he did them when he was paralytic.

They have been in our utility room waiting for me to do something with them but I'm undecided. All the tyres are rubbish. Mike

If I had a turn around as quick as that I'd think all my birthdays had come at once! That's one of the best results I've seen for a long time. So much so you would think even Mr Angry would be pleased for you...wouldn't you?

post-32919-0-10306400-1360420479.jpg

Here we go, snow didn't come to much. Mike

DSCN2460.jpg

You fixed the wrong side :whistling:

Good job on the repair, can't tell, bit of hard work and lady luck sure helps

If I had a turn around as quick as that I'd think all my birthdays had come at once! That's one of the best results I've seen for a long time. So much so you would think even Mr Angry would be pleased for you...wouldn't you?

post-32919-0-10306400-1360420479.jpg

I doubt it. I think we have the measure of Mr Angry Mike

Well that is an amazing result, perfect colour match and as you said Mike can't go wrong with a £20.00 charge for fitting, I take it that included swopping the door mirror over and interior panel.

Just thought you could have asked for a discount for leaving them the old door in part exchange :lol:

All you have to do now is make a return visit to the pub to receive your complimentary 3 course meal for 2 voucher from the manager,apparently the lasagne is very nice. :eerrrmm:

Well that is an amazing result, perfect colour match and as you said Mike can't go wrong with a £20.00 charge for fitting, I take it that included swopping the door mirror over and interior panel.

Just thought you could have asked for a discount for leaving them the old door in part exchange :lol:

All you have to do now is make a return visit to the pub to receive your complimentary 3 course meal for 2 voucher from the manager,apparently the lasagne is very nice. :eerrrmm:

They had to install my window motor as that had already been sold and yes they swoped the door card and mirror and I also asked them to make sure my speaker went on, none of which was a problem for them. I did give the guy that did the job a fiver (would have given him a tenner or even twenty but I was out of cash at that point) and he looked really surprised.

I told them that I would give them a name drop on the LOC.

As for a return too that pub I don't think so. One thing we are not short of round here are good hostelries in some beautiful locations serving up great food, we have some bad ones a well. Mike

mmm...my favourite, it's not just the Lexus that has lots of horsepower.

mmm...my favourite, it's not just the Lexus that has lots of horsepower.

Japanese technology especially from Lexus never fails to amaze me, even in 1994 when my LS400 was built they had the option to increase the cars horsepower and hence performance with the simple flick of a switch!

post-12144-0-32294100-1360425324.jpg

I see you still have the polished finish on your wheels Mike, quite rare not to be painted from what I've seen on ebay etc.

No she came with those and they have stood the bad weather well. I was going to go for a refurb of the wheels as I have one really bad wheel but looking at it I think it would be a waste of money. I need to find out if the one wheel can be done and that it will match the others.

About a year ago I bought a set of refurbished wheels on eBay but quite frankly my dog who has been blind and deaf from birth could have done a better job. I drove all the way to Liverpool and it was chucking it down with rain so never looked at them properly but when I got them home the true mess they were in was apparent. He had tried to spray them and I can only assume he did them when he was paralytic.

They have been in our utility room waiting for me to do something with them but I'm undecided. All the tyres are rubbish. Mike

I think these wheels are very ordinary with a paint finish, if I'm honest, but when polished look quite classy.

I would guess that might be a pricey job though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links