Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning

As a few of you may have seen, I was interested in getting a stainless system installed. Yep, so I went for it in the end. It was costly, but was long awaited.

Saturday morning 2 weeks ago I popped into styledynamics in Hayes which is a longlife franchise. I spent all morning, and part of the afternoon in the waiting room watching movies from an ample selection, and browsing the internet with plenty of tea on offer.

I got to choose from the exhaust sound I wanted - No1 Quiet as possible. No2 Midsport. No3 Crazy Jap. I decided to go for Number one, which is quiet as possible. Not to forget I got the centre box removed, and x2 back silencers. It isn't as quiet as stock, but certainly not loud - a nice rumble.

Anyhow, moving on. I am very pleased with the sound, and quality. I will post a video as I have not taken one yet, I know, that's normally a must. Although, there are pictures for now :)

Any feedback is appreciated

Before:

IMAG0592_zpsffad9a80.jpg

IMAG0593_zpsa2cc6bdb.jpg

IMAG0595_zps10027b1c.jpg

IMAG0594_zpsf33364dd.jpg

After:

IMAG0613_zps4ef41a52.jpg

IMAG0618_zpsf2671279.jpg

IMAG0608_zps54daa155.jpg

IMAG0606_zps270e56d4.jpg

That looks like a very nice job, also excellent before and after photography. When you weigh up the cost of an OEM system I think custom is the only option especially when you can it tuned to the sound you want.

Be good to see and hear it in action when you get the video up.

That looks like a very nice job, also excellent before and after photography. When you weigh up the cost of an OEM system I think custom is the only option especially when you can it tuned to the sound you want.

Be good to see and hear it in action when you get the video up.

Thanks Steve. I snapped a few quick pics on the phone camera before they started working on it - they didn't mind as some places can get funny customers walking into workshops. I will get a video up once the rain has stopped.

Hi,

Looks great. Has the car now got one less box,the one in the middle and If so is it that the back two boxes compensate for that.

Also if you don't mind would you share what kind of money you're talking about for the new replacement.

Thanks. The car now has x3 less boxes. Images 3 and 4 are the ones which has been removed. The car feels so less restricted now, and much more responsive. It cost £600 - it's one I pondered over too, but bit the bullet in the end

Thanks. The car now has x3 less boxes. Images 3 and 4 are the ones which has been removed. The car feels so less restricted now, and much more responsive. It cost £600 - it's one I pondered over too, but bit the bullet in the end

Yes i can see it now. i got fixated on the first one that looks like a cat. It looks really different with that big empty tunnel now the through stainlees one is in place.

Does this affect performance and mpg ? :driving:

The car feels much more responsive, and a lot more willing to accelerate. Whereas before there always felt a restriction. It's just freed so much restriction, it was noticable right after I left the workshop. In regards to mpg, I can't really say if it's made it any worse/better as I am one why does not calculate or work out mpg, but just drive. If it had made it radically worse, I sure would have known by now.

• 2 weeks later...

No wonder (looking at the pics and cross-referencing with toyodiy) you have less restriction, that centre box is the catalytic converter isn't it?

Looks like a nice job and hopefully will last the test of time!

Just 1 thought though and I'm not trying to be the bad guy here but what about MOT with no cat? You might struggle to pass emissions :(

No wonder (looking at the pics and cross-referencing with toyodiy) you have less restriction, that centre box is the catalytic converter isn't it?

Looks like a nice job and hopefully will last the test of time!

Just 1 thought though and I'm not trying to be the bad guy here but what about MOT with no cat? You might struggle to pass emissions :(

Definitely less restrictive. The centre box i thought was a cat, but i had tigerfish on here said it wasn't. Either way, there are x2 cat converters coming straight off the manifold to sort emissions out :)

Still need to get a video up

Hi, just my personal opinion but I think £600 was too much to pay!

It is a lot of money I agree, but nothing comes cheap when quality, time, and guarantee is present. That's why I went for this particular route, and now the way it drives and sounds, money well spent in my eyes.

• Like 1

It is a lot of money I agree, but nothing comes cheap when quality, time, and guarantee is present. That's why I went for this particular route, and now the way it drives and sounds, money well spent in my eyes.

Very true especially when it would have cost more for an OEM mild steel replacement from Lexus.

I must admit I have seen custom stainless steel systems for the LS on fleabay for around £350.00 but don't know the quality of the material or the consruction techniques involved.

Do Mk3's have stainless exhausts from factory? Think I heard that from a dealer a little while ago..

Probably do, my 1994 LS400 import has a factory stainless steel system even though it wasn't officially fitted until the series 3 1995-on models.Unfortunately the flanges are mild steel and guess where they fail!

My point is I had a full SS system inc both middle and rear boxes plus the cat for the same price and lifetime guarantee! You should have searched the forum for more info. I still think a straight pipe and two back boxes was expensive! no offense.

My point is I had a full SS system inc both middle and rear boxes plus the cat for the same price and lifetime guarantee! You should have searched the forum for more info. I still think a straight pipe and two back boxes was expensive! no offense.

No offense taken. There are cheaper fabricators. I know a few people who have had work done by them, so knowing their service and work , is worth paying for.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Can i ask how are you getting on with the exhaust now ?

any video updates ?

I am getting one fitted the end of next week so i was just wondering what to expect,

cheers

Alan

Hi

Can i ask how are you getting on with the exhaust now ?

any video updates ?

I am getting one fitted the end of next week so i was just wondering what to expect,

cheers

Alan

Alan, I will upload a video tomorrow. Just not had a chance.

It is getting on as expected. Really nice to have the fumes exiting with ease, love the sound and look of the tail pipes too :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links