Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg System/s

egolex

I think there may be a problem with that fitting option, I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before.

Sadly, my memory is not up to the task of remembering what it was.

Mine is like that never had a problem with mine and yes it is the neatest LPG filler no unsightly plugs on the side of my pride an joy

That's a picture of my car.

Have been running like that now for a year and never had issues filling up. A few pumps say useing an adaptor is not recommended but have never seen or been told you can't use one.

Went through its MOT in August with no issues.

That might have been it Steve - not that there was a problem filling, more that some stations weren't happy about the adaptor.

As I said, I can't recall the exact details - they are on here somewhere though.

It was posted that it would be a MOT failure.

Mine went through and I spoke to the tester about it and he said it wasn't a problem.

Most of the cars from Europe have this arrangement with adaptors for each country.

It was posted that it would be a MOT failure.

Mine went through and I spoke to the tester about it and he said it wasn't a problem.

Most of the cars from Europe have this arrangement with adaptors for each country.

Yep, just found the thread.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=76426&st=45

I think this is the filler to go for.

Nobody would know that you had LPG fitted.

Its just which system.

I THINK that The reducer with STAG Autogas System is supposed to be used on cars with a BHP of up to 250.but they probably have a way around this.

The other one/ Zenit pro obd.I dont know.

They are both around the same price?

Has anyone fitted either or IDerr.

Tomatoe /Tomatoe

Tank : 82litres spare wheel well seems good

Is it true that you dont/cant actually fill the tank?

Hopefully I will get it done asap.

One is probably as good as the other.

I just thought I would ask in case anyone has had any issues.

I don't want to ruin the engine or the performance.

Kaboom :nuke:

Aviva Stadium kick off @ 3.

Tank : 82litres spare wheel well seems good

Is it true that you dont/cant actually fill the tank?

Yes, they are fitted with a cut off at around 80% of capacity, so your 82L tank will cut off around 65L

Just got this e-mail which explains a lot,& i am 99% sure that I will go with this set up.

2 reducers 150hp /cheaper version/ - it'll work but better spend €50

more and have 2 reducers 250hp.

Same story with Injectors. You can take cheaper one- OMVL, ROMANO,

Valtec,KME, Zenit, Lovato or spend more and use HANA.

Same story with Controllers.

We work with AC s.a. /STAG/ systems only and usually use HANA

Injectors.

In Poland there is 2.500.000 cars converted to LPG. 60% of that use

STAG systems.Why?. Ask yourself...

There is more than 15 producers LPG system only in Poland... Italy,

Nederland, Turkey same.

AC STAG exports more than half of production to Holland, Germany,

Italy, Turkey, Australia etc. Why?...

We know how to do it perfect, so choice is yours.

Our price with two reducers 150hp is €1350inclVat

- 2 years warranty

- 1st year servicing free/others €50 each service

- full tank LPG when car collected

- LPG discount card/ 6% off

-

Main thing experience...

Aviva Result /On the day the better team won.

Happy motoring.

post-2111-0-98822100-1360520443.jpg

My car is being done at present by

www.Lpgain.com I went for the 2 reducers 250hp. / Injector HANA.&

Controller: Stag 300 premium :

http://www.ac.com.pl/en/produkt/296/stag-300-premium

Lexus LS_430

Inside Toroidal Tank Diameter (D): 680 Height (H): 270 Size (Litres): 82 Fits in spare wheel well.

Hopefully it all goes well.

If i was in the UK i would probably go with

Profess LPG LTD.

I got this reply from them/

Thank you for your enquiry.

We can convert your vehicle for £1450 +VAT. We can fit the filler in the exact position that you require it to be.

We are factory trained AC STAG partners and AC STAG is the only LPG kit we offer.

The LPG installation comes with Life Time parts and labour warranty subject to regular servicing which can be done remotely over internet.

We are the largest LPG conversion centre in the UK and have a very good history of many years of excellent customer's care.

We do not charge extra for a LPG conversion certificate.

Any sized tank out of our over 800 LPG tanks stock is included in the price.

There is a free courtesy car available for your use and the job usually takes one day to complete.

Our waiting time is 7-10 days at present.

If you have any other inquiries or to make a booking please feel free to call us on 01443 812893. LEON .

There is a good post here/ <http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9167>

:geek:Hopefully this is of some help.

I believe the law in the uk forbids you having the LPG filler in an enclosed space

But its not in an enclosed place when your filling it up its exposed, no different to a conventional filler thats is usually behind a plastic cover when your not filling up.

• 1 month later...

this type of filler in illegal in the UK and to second that any car fitted with this type of filler shouldn't be able to get a UKLPG certificate I have seen many of these, they can make an install look a bit nicer but there's always different option's within the law

Really! Advise as to which law makes them illegal?

at this point I will have to retract my statement, I have always lead to believe the filler is illegal, without conducting personal test's I'm unable to confirm if it can withstand 500 newton meters (aprox 50KG) when speaking with major importers of LPG equipment they have in the past used the word illegal, reading the COP11 it state's the filler must be able to withstand at least 500 newton meters, I can't see a 10mm screw thread taking that sort of weight personally, the other thing to note on a personal level if you do put 1 of these fillers in the corner of your petrol filler cap then you would need to watch the weight of the UK nozzle's, if something were to go wrong I would imagine it be very difficult to repair

Really! Advise as to which law makes them illegal?

at this point I will have to retract my statement, I have always lead to believe the filler is illegal, without conducting personal test's I'm unable to confirm if it can withstand 500 newton meters (aprox 50KG) when speaking with major importers of LPG equipment they have in the past used the word illegal, reading the COP11 it state's the filler must be able to withstand at least 500 newton meters, I can't see a 10mm screw thread taking that sort of weight personally, the other thing to note on a personal level if you do put 1 of these fillers in the corner of your petrol filler cap then you would need to watch the weight of the UK nozzle's, if something were to go wrong I would imagine it be very difficult to repair

Thank you for being so frank & honest. So to clarify the answer is there is NO law which states these fittings are illegal and its only your assumption as to its weight bearing capacity that make you think its a bad choice

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sorry for not back with update until now

I am getting about 410 kms {UK 255} Miles to the lpg tank of approx 62L = 13UK gal.

It works out at about 19.6 miles per Gallon.Mostly motorway

I am happy now :driving: .

Around town 350 /360 km.

I am getting my LPG for 80 Cent per litre.

I think in UK ,you pay about 74p per litre ???

74.GBP = 87Cents EUR.

My Filler is fitted properly afaik to a metal part at the back/not plastic where it would or could break.

I also have an engineers report Stating that the, system conforms to,

The European Union Safety standards.

I did notice at the start that the tank was not taking as much gas as it should.

The float in the tank was not working as it should.this has now been rectified.

I will keep you all informed but at present I am a happy,4.3 litre v8 motorist

:mat: PS. Well, sorry for not getting back with update until now

Very little difference in power,& i really mean it.

The engine seems to run smoother and quieter,and dare I say it better.

Next step put some Nitros Oxide in it?JOKE :nuke:???????

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links