Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've just got my MKIII back from a friend who borrowed it (nice feeling being back in it - MOT this week too). Before it went the remote boot release had stopped working on my remote key fob. Now the door unlock is unresponsive. Has anyone else had this or know a possible reason or fix for it?

I wondered about this as previous cars I have had (Saabs) needed to have the key coded in (or something) after replacing the batteries- always cost a few quid too. Can I just change the Battery in the alarm fob? It's for a 1997 MK 3 ls400 Thanks

Patrick

I wondered about this as previous cars I have had (Saabs) needed to have the key coded in (or something) after replacing the batteries- always cost a few quid too. Can I just change the battery in the alarm fob? It's for a 1997 MK 3 ls400 Thanks

Patrick

I put new batteries in both of mine with no problem - it's mkIV but probably the same.

I wondered about this as previous cars I have had (Saabs) needed to have the key coded in (or something) after replacing the batteries- always cost a few quid too. Can I just change the battery in the alarm fob? It's for a 1997 MK 3 ls400 Thanks

Patrick

Get them from Fleabay as well - couple of quid for 5 (or even 10 !)of them and free postage. They are fine, been using them for years and never given any problems.

Try here http://stores.ebay.c...d=p4634.c0.m322

have used this guy before and he's very quick at sending them out to you.

Cheers

I can't understand the price difference Graham, they are normally available in the UK from Fleabay albeit the quality will vary from known branded ones to cheap Chinese versions and so will the price.

My remote didn't work when I bought my Celsior but replacing the Battery sorted it and after 7 years it is still on that same Battery bought from a jewellers in Nottingham for a couple of pounds.

I can't understand the price difference Graham, they are normally available in the UK from Fleabay albeit the quality will vary from known branded ones to cheap Chinese versions and so will the price.

My remote didn't work when I bought my Celsior but replacing the battery sorted it and after 7 years it is still on that same battery bought from a jewellers in Nottingham for a couple of pounds.

It may be just a case of chancing their arms in the hope of getting someone to pay over the odds. I have bought this type of batteries in the past for little money and they are perfectly OK.

It does make you think there must be something wrong with all the cheaper ones.

Mike

Whats the difference?

Had to replace mine a while back and the battery that was in there was a Panasonic CR2412.

Scoured the web and eventually had to buy 2 from the US for £13.

Why so much difference in price?

It's called 'Let's rip off the public and see what we can get away with!' If they can ramp the price up by 10,000 times who are the ones that are laughing?

If you buy these direct from Enercell in packs of 1,000 the last time I checked it worked out around 3p a Battery ! don't forget the manufacturer is making a profit on 3p per Battery as well.

Lexus or Toyota or BMW or whoever will be buying many more than a 1,000 at a time so would negotiate the price down accordingly. I doubt very much if they are paying more than a penny a Battery.

Everything you get from a main dealer includes a percentage to pay for their overheads, which are considerably more than an eBay seller knocking them out from his bedroom.

All very nice to be cosseted and fed coffee while your pride and joy is serviced, but nothing is for free in this life.

Pound shops are good places for batteries, often branded as well as cheap.