Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would Lexus Give A Courtesy Car?

So finally I have got Lexus to agree to give me a new engine because of my headgasket problem on the Is220d. I just had one question that I didn't get around to asking them and that was would they offer me a courtesy car for the period of the repairs?

I hope someone can help answer that for me.

Not the comfiest drive around are they?

Felt like mine had solid tyres... fine if the road is flat and true.

No its a hard ride plus the revs are horrible when you put your foot down although this is only the second auto i've drove the other being a VW Touareg with a much bigger engine.

I'm also not paying and i had the same head gasket issue as you, they should waive the fee.

They said that if your policy states that you have fully comp for hire cars, Lexus won't charge you, but despite having a fully comp insurance, the section on hire cars said I only have third party. This was the reason I had to pay £10 to be put on their insurance for the day.

Have they said how long your car will be in for?

They said that if your policy states that you have fully comp for hire cars, Lexus won't charge you, but despite having a fully comp insurance, the section on hire cars said I only have third party. This was the reason I had to pay £10 to be put on their insurance for the day.

Have they said how long your car will be in for?

They told me they would probably need the car for around 5 days for the work to be done, its booked in for the 25th of Feb, i just wanted to know how to go about getting a loan car from them and if it would cost or not. Never had a loan car from dealership before so have not the slightest clue how it works lol

Well they've told me that mine needs a new rad too but have to pay for that myself however nothing for labour as their taking everything out the car anyway, but other than that its just the engine itself. I mean i can live without having a car for 5 days but if its likely for them to take longer i think it will probably be better for me to ask for a loan car because i hate taking trains to commute! Did you have the extended warranty by any chance RichC?

Yes i have the extended warranty, they tried to charge me for the rad at first (£300), found out from a member on here that Rads can be damaged when the headgasket goes so i told Lexus to go speak to the warranty company, which they did and hey presto its covered.

I think the dealer try to get the customer to pay for work at first as its easier than trying to get the warranty company to pay out, but i could be wrong.

see my thread here http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=80791 Steve2006 explained it to me.

Good luck pal.

Unfortunately i dont have the extended warranty but just in my luck the engine was covered for a little longer. I really struggled to get it out of them but they agreed to fit a new engine after a whole month of fighting. So a new rad from Lexus is going to cost me £300? I really do hate how dealerships have to have such high prices for everything lol

I'm sure you realise this...your dealer puts his bill in to Lexus UK.

It is quite likely that the cooling system would be over pressurised by the head gasket blowing...therefore your rad gets knacked too!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links