Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Door Won't Open On Ls430

I could be wrong here but on the GS300 the sunroof rear drain pipes pass behind the trim you removed to access the filler release on both sides of the boot, they exit the boot through a grommet to the underside.

If the set up is the same one of my pipes had been dislodged and so the drain water emptied into the boot.

Also on the earlier LS400 if the car was parked facing downhill water would build up in the 2 corners nearest the rear window and overflow into the boot as there are no drain pipes there.

There could be a problem with the boot seal,easy enough to remove and check for corrosion of the metal edge it fits onto, if all looks OK some silicone sealant wouldn't hurt when refitting.

The only sure way is to completely strip out the boot,dry it all out completely then use a hose pipe to try and find the entry point.

I've found curtain wire is excellent for cleaning the drain tubes out.

I agree with the curtain wire method, after seeing posts before and having my old Ls400 suffer a leaky rear end.

Couple of quid from local hardware dealer and a bit of fiddling, wasn't the fix for me as the drains were clear.

The sunroof rear drain holes are the hardest to get to from the top as they are at the back corners of the sunroof and you have to feel your way with the wire, the fronts are easy enough, they are in the front corners.

Word of caution, don't go like a bull at a gate, easy prodding to save on causing damage.

As to where they come out under the car i cannot say.

Is water in the center part where the spare wheel sits ?

Not sure what to say as to where the water is getting in, could be as a result of the blocked tubes or leaking through bottom of screen area, just have a good look about for water trails, they usually leave a sign.

"suffer a leaky rear end" Can there be a more antisocial problem ??????? Mike

Hmm i need to think before i type is my lesson of the day :innocent:

I won't try to adjust what i said, it will only degenerate :devil:

I can't thank everyone enough, very helpfull people. I will look tommorow at the drain tubes and pull the rubber seal. The panels on both sides of the boot are wet from top to bottom. As for "suffer a leaky rear end" i've only one word for that " PAMPERS " :))

Phil

I tested my sunroof drainage by pouring water in to the corners with the roof open, and the car positioned on the hill to make each corner the lowest, one at a time.

Doesn't need much pouring to see it exiting under the car (hopefully).

Here you go, not much help if the cord is missing i know, I did see the indent you refer to, don't know if it's for the pull tab to sit in, you can just see it slightly above my tab with my poor photographing skills, didn't realize the pull tab had a velcro back to stick it to the trim.

Lets hope yours is just stuck behind the trim and not snapped :phone:

stick the Velcro pull cord round the tool box it doubles as clip to stop the tool box sliding back out...

I can't thank everyone enough, very helpfull people. I will look tommorow at the drain tubes and pull the rubber seal. The panels on both sides of the boot are wet from top to bottom. As for "suffer a leaky rear end" i've only one word for that " PAMPERS " :))

Phil

Gonna take a long time to live that one down Maduggo. Mike

• 6 years later...

Hi, i have an ls430 2001 model 2nd option. Im having similar problems i could really use some help guys. 

In my case i cant unlock my car using the remote, my fuel cap and trunk also wont open from either the switch inside the car nor the remote also my mirrors wont fold. I had both my driver side n passenger side fuse boxes replaced and also the fuse box in the trunk. All three were affected due to water logging caused by the rains. 

I have checked the fuses now all are having current but i cant figure out why my electric function  aren't working. Pls help me 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links