Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question For Those With Lpg

Do you carry a spare wheel taking up space in the boot?

And if not what if anything do you carry for a temporary puncture repair.

Yes I keep the spare wheel in the boot. Not a problem still loads of room. Mike

Do you carry a spare wheel taking up space in the boot?

And if not what if anything do you carry for a temporary puncture repair.

Yes I keep the spare wheel in the boot. Not a problem still loads of room. Mike

Me too But as we are going away for a few days month ending I'm thinking of a repair kit

The reason I ask is I'm thinking of useing the Lexus for our caravan holidays this year so boot space will be at a premium.

But also with a full tank of LPG and petrol plus the towbar and the weight of the caravan I just thought it might be a bit heavy on the rear end.

I carry mine in the boot too.

Frankly, I don't trust the alternatives - puncture kit or spacesaver spare.

I'd rather do without the caravan spare wheel and carry the Lexus spare in the caravan.

You could save some weight by not carrying a full tank of petrol, maybe only half filling it, especially as you'll obviously be using the lpg as much as possible.

I never carry my spare got a couple of cans of Finalec in the boot, we went to Italy last summer spare wheel stayed home, I used to do a lot of touring on a motorbike all over Europe and I never took a spare wheel then, but if it makes you feel better as someone said put it in the caravan.

I never carry my spare got a couple of cans of Finalec in the boot, we went to Italy last summer spare wheel stayed home, I used to do a lot of touring on a motorbike all over Europe and I never took a spare wheel then, but if it makes you feel better as someone said put it in the caravan.

Brilliant thinking I had never even thought of that. Cleaver bunch here. Mike

Ride on puncture sealant in the tyres before you get the puncture is the way I go. Helps maintain tyre pressure & balances the wheels at the same time. It will seal a puncture up to 6mm & doesn't damage the tyre or alloy.

I don't know if it's correct or not BUT I heard ( from somewhere ) that the puncture ( non deflate ) preventative stuff does actually mitigate against having the tyre actually repaired following a puncture.

Malc

Ride on puncture sealant in the tyres before you get the puncture is the way I go. Helps maintain tyre pressure & balances the wheels at the same time. It will seal a puncture up to 6mm & doesn't damage the tyre or alloy.

Is that true about balances the wheels as well? Mike

I don't know if it's correct or not BUT I heard ( from somewhere ) that the puncture ( non deflate ) preventative stuff does actually mitigate against having the tyre actually repaired following a puncture.

Malc

My local tyre dealer told me if you use tyre weld they will not be able to repair a puncture aterwards.

I always put the spare in the boot and I carry tyre weld - if you only carry tyre weld what would you do if you damaged a wheel and had to change it but did not have a spare? I bent a wheel on a 400 once and had to change the wheel - well the AA did :)

The last statistics I read were 95K miles between puntures for the average motorist. So if you are feeling average tyre weld should be a good bet.

I run on LPG all the time and only keep 1/4 of a tank of petrol for starting and getting out of trouble - it makes no sense to carry around 44Kg of fuel about that I don't intend to use.

Bren

Malc

My local tyre dealer told me if you use tyre weld they will not be able to repair a puncture aterwards.

I always put the spare in the boot and I carry tyre weld - if you only carry tyre weld what would you do if you damaged a wheel and had to change it but did not have a spare? I bent a wheel on a 400 once and had to change the wheel - well the AA did :)

The last statistics I read were 95K miles between puntures for the average motorist. So if you are feeling average tyre weld should be a good bet.

I run on LPG all the time and only keep 1/4 of a tank of petrol for starting and getting out of trouble - it makes no sense to carry around 44Kg of fuel about that I don't intend to use.

Bren

The trouble with statistics is that to get a figure of 95K some got a puncture with 1 mile on the clock and some got one considerably more than 95K then of course to get the average you need to know how many punctures were counted once you know that the only conclusion you can come to is that you can get a puncture at any time. Mike

Malc

Bren

The trouble with statistics is that to get a figure of 95K some got a puncture with 1 mile on the clock and some got one considerably more than 95K then of course to get the average you need to know how many punctures were counted once you know that the only conclusion you can come to is that you can get a puncture at any time. Mike

Spot on Mike that's why I said if you are feeling average and why I carry a spare wheel and tyre weld - especially with the state of our roads.

Bren

Malc

Bren

Quite! Its ridiculous for statisticians to suggest that the average vehicle will travel 95K before suffering a puncture. Remember there are statistics & there are dam lies

Yep ride on does, It can be washed out if wished aswell causes no harm to the tyre. When you install it in the tyres for the first mile or so it feels like your wheels are about to fall off. as soon as it has coated the inside of the tyre the ride becomes silky smooth.

Malc

Bren

Tyre weld does damage the tyre & some tyre shops wont do a repair after, Ride on can be washed out of the tyre with no problems, I have used it for years & never a problem.

Yep ride on does, It can be washed out if wished aswell causes no harm to the tyre. When you install it in the tyres for the first mile or so it feels like your wheels are about to fall off. as soon as it has coated the inside of the tyre the ride becomes silky smooth.

Do you use any particular brand if so which is it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links