shuaibakhtar

Is200 Exhaust On 220D?

Dont know if this has been covered before but was just a thought, has anyone got around to trying an is200 exhaust on an is220d? Or does anyone know if it will even work?

Im sure i saw something on maybe an american site about is200 exhaust on the 220.be a bit chealer than custom.

Can I just ask, and sorry if this is a stupid question, but why?

I don't understand why you want an exhaust from a 200 on a 220d?

lol, because its a lot cheaper than doing a 250 conversion seeing as there is no need to replace the rear bumper and the 250 exhaust is quite dear in price itself too, if the is200 exhaust is a straight fit then why not? :) :whistling:

There Are more aftermarket exhaust options for the Is200 than for the 220d.

I have now fitted an IS200 trd backbox and the engines runs better.

I will record it when I'm back home and upload it on YouTube.

So you have fitted the exhaust onto the is220d.was it a straight fit.a d was it just a back box or cat back etc

So you have fitted the exhaust onto the is220d.was it a straight fit.a d was it just a back box or cat back etc

Straight fit, just the back box. The rest parts of the exhaust system are completely different.

Straight fit, just the back box. The rest parts of the exhaust system are completely different.

Forgot to say, the 220d has no cat. The double barrels are empty.

Ye its just the dpf instead of a cat.how loud is the cat.i was looking at twin exit like the 250 and remove dpd. but not sure how single exit would look like.

You any pics of it on?

No I don't have any at the moment.

If you are planning to do both dpf and back box my advice to you would be to do the dpf first. With the dpf off there is an increase in the exhaust sound but with both replaced it is pretty loud.

If you get a pic of you car could u email me alanmccullough1@hotmail.co.uk.

I have fitted back boxes from is250. Got them from the scrap yard. Only needed to cut the bumper and get the hanger the rest was straight fit.