Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have been searching all over for a steering wheel cover,most of them are 37cm-39cm---14.1/2"-15.1/2" my steering wheel on the "400" is 40cm---15.3/4" I know one of the members on here had covered his S/wheel but I cant find the thread. Does anyone know where it is.Or maybe the owner can come back on. All information most helpful Cheers.

I have been searching all over for a steering wheel cover,most of them are 37cm-39cm---14.1/2"-15.1/2" my steering wheel on the "400" is 40cm---15.3/4" I know one of the members on here had covered his S/wheel but I cant find the thread. Does anyone know where it is.Or maybe the owner can come back on. All information most helpful Cheers.

Here you go http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=steering+wheel+lexus+ls+400&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Mike

have a look at this post and my pics:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=80946

I bought it from the USA and it was a really really sung fit - had to warm it up first to soften it and the put it on - slowly bit by bit - needed 2 of us - one to hold it in place and prevent it coming off and the other to gradually slip it over - very comfortable and very easy to steer with just one hand!

Alas i have had to get used to wooden steering wheels on my Mark 4 and LS430 - they are more slippery therfore you cannot steer with one hand

hope this helps

I saw a post somewhere years ago where the guy had actually had the sterring wheel recovered professionally along with the shift lever. I will try and find it.

Is that referring to royal steering wheels ?

• 2 weeks later...

HI norman

I have just bought another steering wheel cover for my Mark 4 which i have just purchased

It was from Uk and the size is 37-39cm

The fit was very tight but i managed to do it myself without warming it up

hope this helps

Image0024_zps1bf0b3f7.jpg

Here you go http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=steering+wheel+lexus+ls+400&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Mike

Now they are nice, real leather too. Makes a change from plastic tat.

Cheers Mark: I ordered one last week from the U.S. have checked the location of it,according to parcell force it is on the van and it will be delivered today,it's supposed to fit 39/40cm will just have to wait and see,yours looks perfect if this one is no good I'll come down and have "YOURS" :lol:

If you get some strong thread that will match in colour you could stitch the two inner sections together and it will not look so much like a cover, which of course it is. A friend of mine did it and it looks brilliant. Mike

Cheers Mark: I ordered one last week from the U.S. have checked the location of it,according to parcell force it is on the van and it will be delivered today,it's supposed to fit 39/40cm will just have to wait and see,yours looks perfect if this one is no good I'll come down and have "YOURS" :lol:

dont forget to upload a picture

Just been trying to get it fitted,it is one "SOD" everytime I get it halfway on the top starts coming off,when I reverse the process the bottom comes off, will heating it up help any??

yes - heating on a radiator will make is softer and will help - dont try to get it all on in one go - start at top and then slowly work your way round - an extra pair of hands will help