Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Fluid For Track Work

If you are planning a whole day (plus probably more as it gets rather addictive) I'd go for something like the Millers Racing 300. You're not necessarily going to 'cook' the brakes but it's always better to be safe than sorry :)

There's a link to the Millers fluid for sale on the Fensport website here

Opie Oils have a few here but I'd say the Millers 300 is the far superior for just a few pence more :winky:

Hi all,

I'm considering taking the IS-F on the track.

Mixed advice on upgrading the brake fluid - anyone done it or got feedback?

The advice above is probably sound. Good luck with Insurance. Most of the usual insurers now name and include most tracks on a list where they refuse or invalidate insurance for the ISF.

Hi all,

I'm considering taking the IS-F on the track.

Mixed advice on upgrading the brake fluid - anyone done it or got feedback?

I've tracked mine a few times and never had any problems with the fluid that the Lexus/Brembo system is designed for,

Never considered changing the brake fluid as the brake system on the IS-F is more than adequate to prevent cooking as long as it's not been in the system too long (as the fluid is hygroscopic). Whether you play safe and use a higher temperature grade is up to you, but if you do not know when the fluid was last changed you may as well replace it with the higher grade as not.

Suggest turning off the stability controls on the track as they will not help at all in keeping the brakes at a reasonable temperature.

Last thing...keep an eye on your fuel gauge as that V8 has hell of a thirst on the track :lol:

That's good news then as DOT 5 is a silicone based fluid so it isn't hygroscopic, so disregard my post. I hope that all dealerships follow the required Lexus specifications as 5.1 has one of the highest boiling temperatures available.

Edit: Just looked on a Motul website and they apparently sell 5.1 that they say is '100% synthetic brake fluid from polyglycol bases'. If that's correct then water absorption with 5.1 is still a possibility.

• 3 weeks later...

So for any interested parties out there - I can confirm the standard IS-F brake setup is fine for track work.

No issues all day at MSV Bedford SEN circuit.