Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Abandoned Is200 Reported To Dvla

We've had an x reg is200 saloon parked up in the hospital car park since New Years. Tax ran out on 31/12/12. It has not moved and the Car Park Security team have no details of he owner working for the hospital.

I have just reported the vehicle to the DVLA.

I would ask Stuart, or most likely if it's not claimed will either be scrapped or sent to auction.Might cost you a bit to buy and then sell on in bits or as a whole car.

The council feel that the hospital car park does not come under their jurisdiction. Car has now been reported as abandoned to Gwent Police. I will continue to monitor this. How easy is it to get the locks changed and new keys issued? If the current owner does not get in touch with anyone?

I know I'm probably 20 steps ahead at this point in time.

Hope it works out for you, If it does the cheapest way is buy door locks, keys and ecu from a breakers, regarding logbook just fill a form in at post office for a new v5.

Get the reg and check to see who the owner is, and cross reference their name with the hospitals list, if they have passed on see if they left any personal possetions and have a look for the keys!

Come on, everyone was thinking it, i just tell it as i see it lol...

The police have said that it is not a matter for them as it is on NHS property/land and it should be up to them if they wish to find the owner and remove the vehicle, though I can obtain the registered keepers details with a v888 form and send to the DVLA and I can then contact them.

Abandoned car you say?

In a hospital car park?

Where some people end up in long term care (or maybe pass away?)

Would look at the above before assuming its been dumped as surely there are better places to leave a car?

Abandoned car you say?

In a hospital car park?

Where some people end up in long term care (or maybe pass away?)

Would look at the above before assuming its been dumped as surely there are better places to leave a car?

Hi Jason. I work at the hospital, and while , yes, this possibilty is true, it's in the staff and student accommodation car park. I will endeavour to contact the owner through the support of the DVLA and Police before attempting to do any thing with the vehicle. Ultimately, it is up the NHS to take the final measures to move the vehicle, and while they have no money, there will be no rush for this to happen.

Jomo, I was tempted to take the wheels, but I didn't have any spare house bricks.

We also have free hospital parking in Wales now, so there are no risks of a huge parking bill if you are in hospital for a long period of time.

You can apply for the V5C in your name, the DVLA will try and contact the presently registered keeper and if there is no response the paperwork will be issued to you.

It then becomes a little grey as on the V5C it states the registered keeper is not necessarily the legal owner so how do you stand if someone turns up with a sales receipt?

Also as the new registered keeper you are then responsible for insuring,taxing and MOT and you may be required to move the car by a legal method i.e. on a transporter.

Just thinking if the owner did reappear, got to the barrier and put the ticket in the machine. Probably clock up 4 figures knowing NHS hospital car park charges!

What they've said so far is that DVLA will attempt to contact the owner regarding the tax. This then becomes a legal matter. As the car park is NHS (no parking charges) it is private land and this is the responsibility of the NHS if they wish to pursue the removal of the vehicle.

I have applied with a v888 to obtain the vehicles owners details so that I can also write to them to enquire to their intentitons with the vehicle. I then have a record and can follow this up with a request for the vehicle to be moved, if I get no response over 2 months, I can then apply for a change of ownership with support from the police.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links