Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need a hand folks, know of any sellers who do a good quality aftermarket rear backbox for Ls430 2003.

There is a company in Leeds who do a cat-back system, dunno if they any good though.

Google search don't bring much joy. Lexus prices are loaded in pound signs.

A stone (i think) has holed one of mine and it sounds a bit noisy now, not a nice noisy either, glad i got a while to the next MOT, want to get it done asap though

The company that advertise on eBay in Leeds are good I know someone who has used them and that's the route I will go down when I need too.

If its the same a mine there seams to be a spot where the rear silencer holes mine is in the same spot on both silencers but they haven't gone through yet.

Another option it to have them plated you should get a few more years out of it then.

Pipes are but the boxes can't be on less its a weld that's gone.

I have to get under mine at the weekend so I'll take another look but there is corrosion in the same place in both boxes

I had a hole on my petrol tank and one of the back boxes, i used super steel to fill both left overnight never had a problem again.and @ten euros for the pack , a realy cheap fix.

I had a hole on my petrol tank and one of the back boxes, i used super steel to fill both left overnight never had a problem again.and @ten euros for the pack , a realy cheap fix.

I have know of this stuff, will a fix with this allow an MOT pass if it's done in a visible area ?

The rear boxes on mine are not stainless by the look of them, the pipes do look stainless though, can't see fully under the car so can't say for the full length or nearer the motor.

Glad to hear a upbeat answer for the Leeds company, thanks Bookend, will have a chat with them, see what they offer verbally, and what the 87 different designs are.

The company that advertise on ebay in Leeds are good I know someone who has used them and that's the route I will go down when I need too.

If its the same a mine there seams to be a spot where the rear silencer holes mine is in the same spot on both silencers but they haven't gone through yet.

Another option it to have them plated you should get a few more years out of it then.

I can vouch for this company too. My young son is working up in Barnsley at present and had his rear silencer replaced on his C4 VTR by them and they ended up replacing the pipe from the cat back and the silencer for the price of a good rear sports silencer and they modifed his rear bumper to take a horizontal exposed tip rather than the oem concealed turn down and it looks really smart. First class job for all of £150 and they did it in his lunch break!

I have used the place in Leeds I am very very pleased with the exhaust they made for my car, they did a really good job a guy in work after seeing mine went and had his V6 Mondeao done again he is very pleased.

Rear boxes aren't stainless, I had to replace both of mine in Nov last year. I went to a place called Demon Tweaks in Wrexham and they built the pipes from the rear cat back, 2 power flow boxes I think it was. They did a great job and was about £400 including labour. Lexus were about £800 to do the same. The back box size they used was:

265x410 Centre-off Hybrid 430 Grade Exhaust in Stainless.

3 hours labour.

Contacted the chaps in Leeds, they will help me out when i can get the car to them, while you wait fix too.

Have made a temporary repair but it shows, will sort a cat back system from them in the near future.

Thx for the help

When I had mine done I went for the quiet version , I do have a bit of a runble on tickover and on the road it does not sound any different from standard from inside the car.

I've a German made 'Fox' exhaust on mine, sounds amazing. I also have a DC Sports (same as Injen) short ram intake which is where the real noise comes from. The exhaust on it's own didn't do too much, but the two combined is heaven.

The intake is great. Car is as silent as per usual under light throttle, but now sounds like a beast when you put the foot down.

So what happened with the LS430 exhaust? A move from a stainless steel system to a standard mild steel that doesn't come close to the LS400 back box shown below which is 16 years old!

Sorry LS430 owners,no they won't fit.

post-12144-0-47886300-1362498767_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links