Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nitrous Oxide !

DaveEllen

My bottom end should be able to handle the load, if you know what I mean?

As for the controller. What brand is it and how strict are you on paying the chancellors wages?

You also missed one of my questions: Is it compatible with all systems??

Yes I had heard that your bottom end was able to deal with a considerable load.

We use th Hi Power systems. As far as I know the controllers are universal but I can find out for sure if you are interested.

Gordon Brown told me that he is saving up to provide more homes and benefits for immigrants and to buy some more weapons (apparently the military used some up recently), so yes you do have to pay vat.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We use th Hi Power systems. As far as I know the controllers are universal but I can find out for sure if you are interested.

Without Prejudice:

Thanks, But High Power Systems is another name for Wizard of Nos. basedonwhatI have recently found out and personally experienced with them (spoken to Trevor at Length, Nice bloke but slated the competition which I found unprofessional and I also have seen two of his components that have failed and resulted in an engine fire (nylon hose melted) and killed engine due to "pulsoid" failure and the engine running ultra lean), I will not rush to buy their stuff.

The High power entry level controller I also found out is not made in house, dispite being told it was first hand. Also Trevor told me that I should not run "his" mini max boost controller with my "inferior" NOS (Holley) brand equipment as they don't pulse fast enough and are only good enough to use as a purge valve! (thanks Trev, I feel so much better disposed towards you now after you have slated my very recent purchase)

No reflection on TDI of course, but I am reluctant to even get my gas from high power now. Even if their product was the dogs goolies, their attitude would have me run with worse product that was supplied with infinately better service.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. Dave, good luck with your system. I add, my views here are only my personal oppinion and not the veiws of the club.

:zee: LLB hons

Hey Loz, it is right and fair that you should share your bad experience if they were unable or unwilling to act professionally. It would be nice to hear Trevors version of events though for parity (there's normally two sides to a story).

We have never had any problems with Hi Power products (otherwise we would not use them), and hope that we never do.

Our priority always has been and always will be the quality not the price. That's why people come to us. If there is a better qualility nitrous system somewhere else then we will look at it.

Sounds Fair to me TDI.

So in your experience, what does the HI power pulsoid offer that the NOS solenoid does not?

Why do you use Nylon hose to get the Nitrous from the bottle to the fogger?

Why do you favour an Alloy cased solenoid over a stainless steel cased number?

Do you agree with the claim that the hi power solenoid moving components get better (more efficient with use?

from what I have read, I respect your oppinion so I would take on board your answers when looking at my future mods.

Do you have bottled Noz in at the moment? and how much is it per pound (lb) please?

So in your experience, what does the HI power pulsoid offer that the NOS solenoid does not?

Why do you use Nylon hose to get the Nitrous from the bottle to the fogger?

Why do you favour an Alloy cased solenoid over a stainless steel cased number?

Do you agree with the claim that the hi power solenoid moving components get better (more efficient with use?

from what I have read, I respect your oppinion so I would take on board your answers when looking at my future mods.

Do you have bottled Noz in at the moment? and how much is it per pound (lb) please?

Sorry Loz the questions you have asked have been underneath my radar. I have never really had the need to consider those questions before so I do not have the answers.

We have never used the NOS solenoids before so I do not know whether they are better, worse or equal.

We use the nylon hoses because that it what is supplied in the kit and we have never had any reason to consider anything else yet. To be fair though, we do encapsulate them in heat protective sleeves that are not supplied in the kit.

We do not favour an alloy over a stainless solenoid for the same reasons as mentioned previously.

I have not heard of the Hi Power claim regarding the solenoids getting better with use, and would ask why.

We charge £3.95 plus vat per lb - but you should be able to get it cheaper locally.

I think it is fair to say that many nitrous systems (along with almost every other aspect of the tuning industry) are let down by the quality of the installation rather than the quality of the parts. In some part this can be blamed on the consumer because a large percentage of potential customers are only interested in the price of the product rather than the quailty so this creates a market that has to be filled, and generally you get what you pay for.

Luckily, we are in a position where we try to cater for the guys that want the best of what is available, which is why we would look at another brand of nitrous systems if that was a positive benefit to our customers.

TDI,

Your Nos Price is 20% cheaper than Hi Power SYstems, My local supplier. Of course they tell me if I changed to using their pulsoids AND minimax controller I could buy Nos at cheaper rates.... (nice...)

You said you use their system cos its the best. but in the next breath you said you have not checked out the competition. Was just wondering on what basis you had declared them to be the best, other than them telling you so.

From your last message an inference could be drawn that you are saying price assures quality. If this is so, how do you explain TVRs reliabilty record? I suggest that people don't always pay through the nose for quality. sometimes its just "bling" that blinds them. I don't mind paying for quality. Heck, I drove 300+ miles each way to get the quality I wanted from a Noz install. But the fact remains. Your quality claims sound like they are based on no comparison which would leave me thinking that maybe cos this is only a minute part of your business, you have "...never really had the need to consider those questions before..." as you said.

Anyway. like your refil prices so when I am in the area, I'll be sure to drop in and we can chat some more then. If you could knock up some sportier anti roll bars for me too, I'd be interested in the price of said, quality items!

Cheers dude!

:zee:

TDI,

Your Nos Price is 20% cheaper than Hi Power SYstems, My local supplier. Of course they tell me if I changed to using their pulsoids AND minimax controller I could buy Nos at cheaper rates.... (nice...)

You said you use their system cos its the best. but in the next breath you said you have not checked out the competition. Was just wondering on what basis you had declared them to be the best, other than them telling you so.

From your last message an inference could be drawn that you are saying price assures quality. If this is so, how do you explain TVRs reliabilty record? I suggest that people don't always pay through the nose for quality. sometimes its just "bling" that blinds them. I don't mind paying for quality. Heck, I drove 300+ miles each way to get the quality I wanted from a Noz install. But the fact remains. Your quality claims sound like they are based on no comparison which would leave me thinking that maybe cos this is only a minute part of your business, you have "...never really had the need to consider those questions before..." as you said.

Anyway. like your refil prices so when I am in the area, I'll be sure to drop in and we can chat some more then. If you could knock up some sportier anti roll bars for me too, I'd be interested in the price of said, quality items!

Cheers dude!

Easy now Loz!

I never said that Hi Power systems were the best, what I said was "we have never had any problems with them", which is true. We have got a system that was done 7 years ago that lies idle thoughout the winter, and fires up first time and works properly every spring and gets used harn until Autumn. I'm happy with that.

As I said before, if we came across an alternative product that had a positive advantage to our customers, we would look at it.

I think charging you more for gas because you haven't got his bits is a naughty though.

I did not infer that a high price assures quality because that would be clearly incorect (your TVR analagy is perfect), but I stand by statement because I see it every day.

Look forward to meeting you - your posts enrich my day :)

Look forward to meeting you - your posts enrich my day 

Likewise dude, likewise!

BTW... maybe just gramatical error but

I did not infer that a high price assures quality
of course not dude, I was saying that on reading your comment, the reader may infer....

but I think we understand each other ;)

Hope you are gonna have Dave's car ready for this dry weekend!

Loz :zee:

My oh f*********ing hell switch is on the steering column

Dude,

tell me you are having it linked to a micro switch on the throttle body?!?

If you don't you risk running Nos too lean and holeing a piston...not good. I begged for a switch on the wheel or accessable while driving. I have the "arming" switch on the dash just infront of the indicator stalk and under the left dash binacle. but that needs the throttle to be wide open before the "oh f***ing hell" stuff happens... safer. FAR safer.

SOon be ready dude...

My oh f*********ing hell switch is on the steering column

Dude,

tell me you are having it linked to a micro switch on the throttle body?!?

If you don't you risk running Nos too lean and holeing a piston...not good. I begged for a switch on the wheel or accessable while driving. I have the "arming" switch on the dash just infront of the indicator stalk and under the left dash binacle. but that needs the throttle to be wide open before the "oh f***ing hell" stuff happens... safer. FAR safer.

SOon be ready dude...

Sorry, didnt make myself clear.......my set up as you say arm it then the micro switch working on full throttle............

Is it done Dave ?

I'd like to have your toughts about it on the IS :)

I'm still wondering which one to take : gotnos.gif, nxsmile.gif, gotzex.gif or Venom kit (sorry, I don't have the emoticon :duh: ) I have found that Zex makes one for the IS but looks like Venom doesn't :(

Just spoke to TDi and its going along nicely..........Chap working on it had the cheek to have saturday off :winky: ..........

Shall be getting it tomoorow evening.........

having it de-catted (f pipes) as well

Mark sounded well chuffed with it so far........

Hoping to post a pic or two............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links