Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Cardiff Mini Review

Stuart Aspey

A big thank you to Claire. I visited the dealership to get a new tax disc holder as my windscreen was bei g replaced. Claire offered me one of the free tax disc holders, saying, 'if I'm having to pay for a new windscreen, she didn't want me to have to pay for a tax disc holder'. I aas offered a coffee and an Alpen bar and as a treat to myself I had a sit in the new LS.

Natalie then told me *(unofficially)* that Lexus may be looking to implement a further extended warranty for vehicles up to 10 years old. I'll keep you informed of this . . .

If I did a mini review on Cardiff Lexus is get banned from the forum for excessive bad language.... Lol!! I get angry just thinking about that shower of s*#t down there... :whistling:

I think a couple of people have had issues. Wasn't there a guy who bought his IS from Lexus Leicester and dealt through Lexus Cardiff and had *quite a few* issues . . .?

I think I've been really lucky.

Yeah that's right that was a horror story. What gets me above everything else with Lexus Cardiff is if u call then and the person you need to speak to isn't available, they take your number with a promise to call back. That phone call never comes... FAIL on rule no1 of customer service which Lexus are supposed to be world famous for.

Indeed. I have gotten around this by have Natalie's work email. I have encountered the failure to respond to calls, so if they are not available I say that I will email. It shouldn't be like this. I agree. But this was not an issue today. I turned up unannounced and have had a free coffee and tax disc holder.

That's a nice touch, granted.

Compare the service to Lexus Bristol. If I call them, and the person I need is not available, they promise to call me back. That call always comes within 30 mins. Also when I call Lexus Bristol they answer the phone by greeting me with my name which shows they store customer numbers on the phone system and use caller ID. Just a nice little touch, Cardiff could learn from them.

Caller ID by retaining customer numbers is a fantastic idea. Once I say who I am, they often remember and ask how my wife is. Natalie always asks about my preparation for our holiday to Scotland. But that simply suggests that the staff, individually are good, but systems could be improved.

• 1 month later...

I bought my IS from Cardiff last year and had a few issues with the specification of the car. It was difficult communicating with the original salesman - but anyway I was not pleased.

However I have since returned it for my first service and had a different experience. Natalie seems to be setting the standard, though I'm not sure how long she's been there. (My first experience with the service staff)

It seems odd that the two dealerships (Bristol and Cardiff) are both part of the Sytner group. It just goes to show how good local management can really make a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

In my view Lexus need to monitor their dealer network as it appears that some are fantastic and some can be found wanting. Our local dealer couldn't do enough to help when we were looking for a new car even though they knew they wouldn't be able to supply it as it was a lease car. The supplying dealer, well what a difference, it marred the new car experience and we're questioning why we choose a Lexus.

We were really surprised as we've had a Toyota before and the dealers we have dealt with were really customer focused and concerned about the image of the dealer / brand, we had also considered a Lexus on previous car changes and the dealers were very good and helpful but the car (IS) didn't suit our intended use.

I just hope the car and the local dealer (if we have any problems) can improve our opinion of Lexus.

• 6 months later...

I bought an IS220d from Lexus Cardiff on the Lexus approved used car scheme. Got back home to Ayrshire (Scotland), but felt the handbrake was not releasing properly. Took it into Lexus Glasgow the following day and they would not give me the car back as all the discs, pads and calipers were "dangerous". They then did a full approved used Lexus check and found 60% of the items on the checksheet should never have passed the car for Approved Used status and warranty. They reported to Lexus who got hold of Sytner head office. Lexus Cardiff Dealer principal and Sytner head office refused to take my calls or answer any letters. Ultimately the Sales Manager was sacked. Cardiff Lexus picked up the £2,600 bill. Lexus Glasgow on the other hand were absolutley brilliand and restored my fair in Dealers.

Lexus Cardiff - Avoid them at all costs. I could swear about Lexus Cardiff for 10 minutes without repeating myself.

• Like 2

Hi Sterling. It's frustrating to think that the two dealerships can be so different. Lexus should've completed the pre sales check and replaced anything that was not satisfactory. Hopefully, with the sales manager loosing their job, they had evidenced that things were not being done correctly. Lexus Cardiff are no longer part of the Sytner Group and are now part of Motorline. I would like to think that this issue would never happen again, as it sullies what should be a fantastic purchase of a luxury car.

Perhaps the issue is the parent group as the issues we had. was with the sales team at another Sytner branch, it was so bad I wouldn't buy another car from them regardless of how good the deal was. Shame really as the car is proving to be very capable if not as 'green' as it should be.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for these infos....it's great..

Great Post!
I'm new to the forum. I feel like a Great

Thank you to everyone so far - these reviews and opinions are really helping.

My mother-in-law had a bad experience with Motorline. Offered a free health check and charged her for some parts and said that the car needed work as it was dangerous. She took it to a local FORD dealer (who I trust) that said that the work was minor and could wait until the next MOT. To be fair to Motorline (Mitsubishi) my own experience as a regular customer was excellent. I agree, it depends on the manager and the culture they impart to their team. About 7 years ago I took my Mitsubishi to Motorline (Renault) as the Mitsubishi franchise had been lost. They told me the power steering was leaking at it needed £500 worth of work. In ignored it and the fluid level has never dropped and it has passed the MOT every year.

What is the moral of these stories? LUCK! If you get a good garage - keep using them until the management changes!